Thursday, March 19, 2015

Time is a flyin!



Time has a way of just going by; sometimes too fast.  I think I spend my life wishing away my time and not really embracing all the moments.  Here it is Thursday morning already, which is *cool beans* and before you know it Thursday night will come and go and Friday will be upon us. Yes, I adore Friday’s; full of possibility and all.  Because that means I get a weekend. And who doesn’t adore the weekends. Excited for another one to be upon me almost.  I spend most of my weeks wishing for the weekends. And then the weekends come and go and the process starts all over again.  Monday and I pray for the weekend.  So that the weekend can come and go. And before I know it, we are almost ¼ of the way thru 2015.  Yes, this is the sad reality.  We are like 12 days away from it being April which means the second quarter of 2015.

Where the hell does time go? I’m guessing I spend most of it wishing for the future to come.  I judge a lot of my life in terms of the next big event on the horizon. The next big thing that is happening in my life to get me to. While in theory there is nothing wrong with this sometimes it’s depressing because I rush and rush and rush to get to said magical event and miss a lot of the rose smelling along the way. I try to embrace the small moments as we go. We all really should a little bit more.  But it’s hard. Even now as I am typing this I am thinking about the fact that on May 2 I get to go to Vegas.  I’m like, that’s coming up, yeah!  There is nothing wrong with this; it clearly gets me thru and all. BUT… maybe I’m missing out on some of the present.

This year is utterly defined as the year of Maui and the marathon.  I am certain when I look back on 2015 the big standout will be Maui Marathon. Nothing wrong with that. But it’s a lot of build up for one event. For the record 2014 will always go down as that crazy half running year.  Nothing wrong with having clear identities to periods of time or goals on the horizon. They keep me going I know.  It’s just interesting how much credit we give single events.

Let me try to rush thru this day, so that I can be one day closer to my weekend.  I do believe ware all guilty of this on occasion.  I just feel like that’s pretty much how I live most every week. Solid. I don’t really have a cure or even know if a cure is needed. I’m just observing the reality of my life.  I guess in that vein I’m just glad it’s Thursday mid-day. Could totally be worse.

Tonight I gym. Tomorrow I rest. Saturday is pretty much an open slate for me.  Thinking I should sign up for the new gym and maybe try it out.  Sunday is a 7 mile run.  Although the universe is REALLY trying to test me. It desperately wants to force me to run in the yucky rain.  I bailed last weekend and then the sun has shined and been lovely all week but this weekend is once again calling for horrible weather.  Really universe, really?

Last night I went to the gym and started out on the treadmill and I ran. It was an okay run.  I got to 30 minutes, 3 miles or so, I ran a little faster than I have been but somewhere around 3.5 miles I started having BAD stomach cramps to the point of I couldn’t run.  It might be that time of the month kicking in as I was totally bloated and crampy. But it got painful to run.  And when it gets painful it seems kind of retarded to keep going. So I pushed on thru to 4 miles in 40 minutes and I stopped.  I figured a 4 mile run was decent enough.  I then went over to some weights and did some jumping pull ups, some bicep and triceps work and was about to call it good enough when I spotted a friend of mine at the gym.  I went over to her and she was like I’m doing some legs, some squats, do you want to join.  Because I’m slightly retarded and because Chris was working the late shift so I had no real time constraints I was like sure. So I then did another ½ hour of leg stuff. Nothing too heavy. 

I finished the night with like 750 calories burned. More than decent enough for me. But clearly I’m upping my running game and I like it.  Monday =7.5 miles. Tuesday =3.1 miles Wednesday =4 miles  Tonight will just be a 1.5 mile warm up run. Friday is rest.  Saturday I will do at least 2 miles I’m thinking, maybe 3 and then Sunday will be 7.  That’s a good amount of miles for starting to get back into the swing of things.  I’ll take it.  I just ordered myself a really awesome looking training journal from Amazon. Actually I saw it on a Facebook feed from Women’s Running Magazine. It’s called the I Believe journal. It’s so pretty and of course I am still a sucker for an old fashioned hand written journal.  As I prepare for this whole marathon thing I thought it’d be fun to have a training diary to look back upon.  Sometimes a girl just wants a hand written diary.  Throwback to my 13 year old diary writing self.

I’m just getting ready to head out for lunch time work errands. You know go pick up checks, go to the mailbox, get checks signed, deliver materials to a jobsite. The usual.  Things that make the day go faster and inch closer to that ever important weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes!! I love reading these types of posts and glad you are feeling good. I cannot wait to hear all about your training for the marathon. I think each year is just going to keep getting better and better for you...