Friday, March 6, 2015

For shame Ticketmaster, for shame!

Friday. March.  Almost 10 AM Pacific time.  I sit here, eyes darting from this white blank document in Word over to Internet Explorer that is presently open at Ticketmaster.com, waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for the countdown to reach 0 so I can frantically hit submit on yes please get me tickets to see Garth Brooks.  I am not like some crazy over the top country music fan, but I do love me some Garth Brooks. I’ve actually seen him in concert years ago. Very good show. I was young, a late teenager but it was good. I am even more positive that I’d appreciate it more now, as an adult. Some things in life are just worth the money.  I have discovered that the older I get. Memories are priceless, irreplaceable really. They are the glue that holds our happiness together.  I never have very good luck at Ticketmaster though, typically when I go to hit submit, even when I am there right when they go on sale, somehow it gets messed up and I can’t get tickets.  Its crazy annoying.  Just keeping my fingers crossed.  6 minutes 14 seconds left.

It is Friday which has previously meant for me a free for all in eating, that typically lasts thru Monday. I am not sure why my brain decides that weekend’s equal complete freedom to pig out to my heart’s content.  It’s not a good thing. Not a good thing at all.  4 minutes 26 seconds.

It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here which is nice. I feel slightly guilty, not that I have the slightest control over it, that so much of our country is blanketed in awful winter weather and for some mysterious reason Oregon, land of rain, is experiencing such a gorgeous run.  I promise you we should be in the middle of torrential downpours just about now.  February, March, April does not look like this.  It’s atypical but very welcomed.  I’m happy because sun makes me happy.   2 minutes 28 second.

I will have to end this post in mere seconds to go to my other screen to eagerly push submit and try to get tickets. I am not holding my breath.  I don’t know why I typically have the worst luck trying to purchase from Ticketmaster but I do.  The website is hit with heavy traffic and for some reason my computer times out and then there are no tickets left. ANNOYING.  Eek. 1 minute 6 seconds.  This is about the time my heart rate rises and I have a slight panic attack.  43 seconds.  Are you kidding me? Wish me luck.  I’ll be back in a little while to report back and finish up this post.  25 seconds.  18. 14. 9. 5. 2.   My computer is not refreshing, and I fear all the tickets are being bought up as I speak… ugg.

This is the message it says, searching for tickets. We are experiencing higher traffic than usual. Your wait time is approximately 22 minutes.  It keeps going up. Ugh. 24 minutes.  It was 10 when I started. 25 minutes.  This fucker.  I told you, I have the worst luck. It’s still counting down now to find me tickets.  But I opened another web browser and started a search for tickets and now that one is telling me, high demand! No matches. Search again.  I am not closing or clicking off the one that is still searching for tickets, the wait time is fluxuating up and down.  It says if you refresh or leave this page- you’ll lose your place in line. I am not touching it.  It is my only shot.  I hate our current ticket system since apparently being somewhere at exactly the moment tickets go on sale is crap and clearly doesn’t work. 

There is nothing more I can do.  Any new search on any new browser indicates that there is nothing available.  All I can do is pray that my original browser that is searching for tickets will come thru with something.  The wait time keeps going up and then down and then up and then down.  The little circle is going indicating that it is trying to work on something. I will not leave this page but I am not hopeful. FUCKKKKK… High demand, no matches.   How is this fair? I was here right at 10 AM when they went on sale, and did everything right.  Such a freaking joke! 

I can’t win.  Ticketmaster is awful.  I hit search again but I mean it didn’t produce anything the first time so I don’t see how this search is going to be any better.  I am so bummed.  I hate to have to buy tickets from a scalper online who wants to charge me double what it should have been. Especially when I was here and did everything the way I was supposed to.  Frustrating. Beyond Frustrating.

The ticket universe hates me. It always has. I have rarely had any success at it. Pissers. Well there went that plan.  I give up. There is nothing I can do after hitting refresh like 10 times and having it search for tickets.

Well there you have it, the great ticket debacle. Let this serve as a future reminder of how awful it is to actually procure tickets from the actual way you are supposed to. Ugh.

No comments: