Friday, March 6, 2015

The Freeze is coming



Fine Ticketmaster, you really suck and as if I didn’t already doubt you so much you’ve confirmed it all. Fine. You win today. Geesh. A totally waste of half an hour of my life.  Moving on.

Last night I had a great leg day workout. Yup, crazy good.  I am comfortably doing heavy squat rack squats of 185 pounds.  I can do 15 of them, so it’s quite possible I might be able to go heavier next time. Or else it’s possible I should squat my ass down lower. Not really sure.  Either way, squatting more than you weigh yourself is a feat.  I will take it. This was the workout.


I felt good about it. I started with a 15 minute 1.5 mile warm up run.  I have really confirmed that I have to run a solid 1.5 miles in order for my heart rate to really get to where it needs to be.  It is shocking to me that even when running it takes 10 minutes minimum for my heart to go above like 130-140.  This is a comfortable live able range for me.  I really need my heartrate to spike into the 160’s or 170’s for me to produce sweat.  This typically occurs somewhere around 15 minutes in my case.  And I need my heart rate to get up into the 160’s or 170’s in order for my body to be properly warmed up to get any benefit out of lifting weights.  

After lots of lots of observation this is pretty much 100% true all the time, if I don’t get my heart rate up into 160-170 before I lift an hour lifting session only results in about 300-350 calories burned.  If I can get my heart rate in that zone beforehand, it’s like my body goes there quicker and works harder, and that same hour lift session results in 550-600 calories burned.  Almost double!  It’s just a matter of waking myself up first.  I am a firm believer and supporter of a good 15 minute high intensity cardio warm-up.  Our bodies don’t operate as well cold. 

I kicked butt in leg day and felt great.  A good solid workout.  My Wed and Thursday night workouts really made up for my shitty non-performance on Monday and Tuesday.  But alas today is rest day.  Friday is always my rest day.  Rarely do I work out Friday night. There is just something I love about going home after work on a Friday night and just letting out a sigh of relief because the weekend is upon us, my week is done. 

Of course I do hope that means I can manage to avoid copious amounts of unnecessary food, but who the hell knows really.  Tomorrow is my extreme obstacle course race and I am nervous. Like kind of scared nervous.  Like I don’t know what the hell I was thinking nervous.  Here’s a reminder of the course.


Those obstacle titles sound awful. And those are just the ones I can decipher or take a good guess at.  The ones I should probably be scared about are the ones that I don’t even understand. Those are the true terrifying events. Mind you this is all done over a 5 mile course.  That is a long distance of obstacles.  I am guessing this whole adventure is going to take hours. Between actually completing the obstacles, and running/walking 5 miles and of course having to wait for obstacles because of other people I’m going to guess around 3 hours. But I’m not sure, it could be more, could be less.  All I know is that at the end of it I get this medal.


 This will be the first of its kind for me. The first obstacle race medal, that was more than just a solid run.  Who knows I may come to treasure it dearly or be terrified of what occurred, either way I am sure there will be some proud involved because this does not look easy. Plus they say it’s dirty out there on course so odds are I’m coming home a mess.  Good freaking times.  I will take pictures, well before and after. I won’t actually have my phone on me during the race itself so there will unfortunately be no pictures of the course aside from the professional ones that I think they are taking. But professional race photos always suck. I mean, rarely ever do you actually look okay in a race photo. They are the nastiest, most awkward angles and movements. And my face is always caught in horrific expression. 

But I’m going to do this and try and just smile and have fun with it. If nothing else I’m going to have a good story to tell come Monday.  Hopefully I’m not too battered and bruised from the experience, but realistically I really could be!

Let’s see, anything else???  Oh, here was my outfit from yesterday at the gym.  Adorable Victoria Secret matching pants and bra. I am such an addict and fan of their workout clothes. So good.


I guess that’s about it. Just hoping this day flies by quickly so that I can get to my Friday night sigh of relief at home.  Happy weekend!

No comments: