Friday, March 27, 2015

Official Sign Up



Well I did it.  Today is the day that will forever more be the day I officially, really honestly signed up for a full marathon.  Yes, I made up my mind a long time ago, but today is the day I hit submit on the button and paid them my money.  And oh not just any marathon, but a full on warrior challenge as it’s called. As I’m sitting here in my office watching the clock tick away at the hours until 5 PM I just decided today was going to be the day.
Option 1: Full Warrior Challenge
·         Saturday 19th – Slappy Cakes Maui 10K 6:30am
·         Saturday 19th – Maui Tacos 5K 8:00am
·         Saturday 19th – Bubba Gumps Front Street Mile 3:00pm
·         Sunday 20th – The Maui Marathon-5:00am

This is what I am doing.  10k, 5k, 1 miler and of course a full on 26.2 mile marathon.  If you feel so inclined you can check it out at www.mauimarathonhawaii.com 

I am feeling a little in shock and disbelief that this is really happening. Of course I’ve had weeks to think about it and come to the resolved conclusion that it is happening so I am not freaking out as much as I could be. I’ve already 1000% decided it was happening but now its official and all. 2015 I will become a marathoner.  Come hell or high water or blazing heat and dehydration and sun and all I will be a marathoner.  So fitting that it’s Maui, right?  My one and only real family vacation in Maui, where I know my dad’s heart lied.  Where I know my dad’s spirit and soul lives.  Where I got married. Where I will run my first marathon. It all makes total and complete sense to me that it would be Maui. 

This is really real and really happening. Just had to document this moment.  If your mind believes it, you can achieve it.  You are capable of whatever you decide.  And I added a cute little countdown to Maui marathon on my site and it tells me I have exactly 176 days from today until this momentous day.  Every day between now and then is one day closer to achieving my goal.  Every day counts in preparation of the day.  Every weight I pick up, every mile I run are all working towards that single day. Eek.

And seriously to think that on October 5, 2012 I weighed 225 pounds. You know what else is pretty damned epic.  The weekend I run my marathon is the 2 year anniversary of running my first half.  Yup, that same weekend in 2013 I ran my first half marathon. Last year on the 1 year anniversary I ran a half (and cried on the way home out of awesomeness) and then on the 2nd year anniversary date I will be in Maui running a full marathon. It blows my mind to think about this. Truly. Look what we are capable of. Seriously.  Everything we can accomplish when we just want it bad enough.   I’m feeling really blessed that I am even at a place in my life where I can think about running a marathon. I really should try and never take that for granted!

With all that said I recently discovered pic stitch, how is it that I am so freaking late to the game?  Crazy I know.  And I am so in love with filters. Now I see why everyone else always looks so good online and I look like crap.  I will try and not filter my life away, but just for fun because it’s Friday afternoon and I was playing around. Here are two very filtered photos but come on, if only I could seriously walk around with a permanent filtered lens on me!



No comments: