Friday, February 27, 2015

Before and Now



Been thinking a lot today about change and where I’ve come from and where I’m at.  Like I said earlier in the week it’s easy to forget where you come from.  Honestly I wish I had more “before” photos but as we all know when you don’t feel paticularly good about yourself you aren’t so keen on getting in front of the camera.  These are just a few random photos from various times, not even necessarily at my heaviest, just some random stuff. It’s hard to see myself like this because honestly its been a long time since I’ve been this girl.   But I was her and she did live and she did have a life and it wasn’t all awful and miserable, although some parts of it were.  The two photos of me in the black sweatshirt and jeans were in Disneyland and I remember having to go to Ross Dress for Less a couple days before we left to buy jeans that actually fit me.  I remember being in the dressing room and wanting to cry because nothing fit well. I bought those jeans and I hated them, but they were what fit.  I distinctly remember that. That was an AWFUL moment.  Ugh….

The comparison photos were all taken in the last two weeks. It’s hard to consider myself anything but blessed and happy when I am visually reminded of where I’ve come from. Ugh and those jeans, yup totally remember that horrific experience in the dressing room. Quite vividly actually.  I’m only happier in the now photos because I love myself and accept myself and am willing to live my life. 

Just a little Friday reminder that life is exactly what you make it and you can have anything you really want if you are willing to put in the work.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow what a great difference to see! Thanks for sharing, I have been struggling with some internal stuff lately and this is a great reminder to always remember where you started. You look fabulous!