Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Plugging Along

Last night I had another great workout, mind you it was no 2000 calorie day but few of them ever are :) I started by warming up with a quick 10 minute stair climb. Basically I am supposed to show up for my official personal training session a little warmed up. Makes sense. Yesterday was arm day which is fun for me because this is what I have been focusing so much energy and attention on because I really want to see results there. 30 minutes and I felt it. A LOT. After that, it was onto cardio sculpt class which was a lovely challenging workout. I followed this up with a 30 minute turbo kick class. Again, by the end I was pretty much spent in all aspects and turned in a very respectable 650 calories burned for the afternoon. I was more than happy with my results.

The difference between this 1.5 hour workout and the almost same one last Wednesday where I felt awful and only burned 450 calories was simply my effort. I knew something was missing last week and while the routine might have been very similar my effort was not. I could totally tell I was working harder last night. And of course this comes on the heels of my killer workout weekend. I was not sore yesterday at all. Today after all of my efforts, I feel slightly more sore. Nothing too major, but I guess a good sore in that kind of way where you know you worked hard and earned that sore.

I am going to the gym again tonight but I honestly have no idea what is on the agenda as there really are no classes I’m interested in tonight. My gym is fairly small, which is one of the things I actually love about it. It feels more personable and intimate. I pretty much know all of the employees at this point, since I spend so much freaking time there. But with “small” comes limited classes. Basically at any given time there is only one class going on and that is not even always happening. And of course if it happens to be a class I am less than thrilled about there isn’t another option. Last month they took away some classes off the schedule for the summer as less people have been going. Yesterday I saw the class schedule for August and thankfully they added a few more classes back in which makes me happy. Yes, stupid things like that make me happy.

Regardless, tonight is only Zumba and Yoga. Neither of which I am really a fan of. I do Zumba from time to time to fill in, but as a general rule I just don’t burn enough calories doing it to make it worth my time or effort. I spend so much time focusing on trying to get the steps right that I forget to actually exercise. I am such a people pleaser. I can’t “let go”; I have to make sure that I am trying my hardest to get the moves consistent and this totally blows the whole point to begin with. Next week they will have a 5:30 class on the schedule that will be more in line with what I like. Thank goodness. This month Tuesdays and Thursdays have been a struggle because it pretty much puts me completely on my own. I have all the motivation in the world on a Saturday/Sunday when I have all the free time in the world to do what I want, but on a week night, coming from work, it gets hard to actually motivate yourself sometimes.

But I have my workout clothes and I will go, because that is just what I do. I feel like I’ve put in 3 incredibly solid days of workouts in a row so it will be completely fine with me if tonight I don’t give it my all. A less than workout would be completely fine. Especially since tomorrow night I have my (3) thirty minute classes again. We will see what actually goes down once I get there.

I have been feeling less than myself as of late and it really does suck a lot of life out of me. Even people I encounter in real life are starting to notice it. Ugh. Hate it when casual acquaintances call you out on your lack of enthusiasm, or rather that you aren’t acting like your normal self. I take this to mean that I am generally a very happy positive person and lately they’ve noticed in those moments when I think no one is watching my smile fades and my pretend bravado goes away. Apparently I’m not doing as keen of a job of hiding it as I thought I was.

Actually, now that I come to think of it, I feel rather exhausted today. Like I didn’t get enough sleep last night, which I didn’t, coupled with probably exercise exhaustion from the last couple days of really killing it. I think it’s probably best to completely not overdo it tonight at the gym. I think I’ll shoot for an easy 400 calorie burn tops.

I wish this post was more exciting but it can’t be what it’s not. I really hope someday soon I can get back to some regularly scheduled discussion on weight related topics, but for now this is all I’ve got in me.

1 comment:

Pg_Ro said...

You have a lot going on in your life. It's understandable that you might not be able to keep up the positive everything is fine front for everyone.

Not that it makes it any easier to be in that situation. Good to be aware of it and to try and figure things out and hopefully work through some of the things that are off. You are doing amazing work on being self-aware of what is going on.

And once again, I will reiterate that you are more than just a weight loss blog to me:)