Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's Friday, right???

So today is my Friday. Yippee Skippy!!! Needless to say I have been incredibly less than productive at work pretty much all day. Can we say worthless… Ha… But one of my bosses, (all 3 of them happen to be off today by the way so who really is the slacker?), sent me an email saying that there is a 3:30 PM job start meeting that I need to attend because he is gone. I loathe construction meetings because inevitably I am the ONLY girl and mixed among this sea of construction men I feel retarded because guess what I am ultimately just a secretary and don’t really know how to do masonry work so most of it is really lost of me. Whatever, I go to show my face and say I went and that’s about it. Of course that means after this construction meeting I am taking off for the day.

I set up an appointment at the gym with a personal trainer (not mine but another one who is big into nutrition) to kind of talk nutrition for a moment, and I set that up for 5 PM, given I don’t technically get off work until 5 PM I clearly have to leave early.

This is my night schedule:

5:00 PM: Nutrition Meeting
5:30 PM: Butts and Guts (30 min class)
6:00 PM: Cardio Conditioning (30 min class)
6:30 PM: Turbokick (30 min class)

After that I will be ridiculously spent because these are not easy classes. I knew I was going to have a nice long evening tonight so last night I really was less than productive at the gym. Ultimately I decided to not push myself and call it my rest night for sure. I rationalized that I worked out HARD Saturday, Sunday and Monday and deserved a little breather last night especially in light of the schedule tonight. And then I will exercise tomorrow morning because the gym is open, I don’t have any spectacular AM plans and basically I want to get in some solid healthy living pre- Fourth of July BBQ.

Since I have Friday off I will probably end up exercising again anyway, so really not working that hard last night was probably okay for me. I literally did like 45 minutes of weights, BARELY. I didn’t even sweat and since I just professed that I am a terrible disgusting sweater that lack of sweat = not working hard for me. Whatever.

So I just read a little quote that said, “It’s no longer about “skinny.” Now it’s all about “healthy”. I really liked that because this has got to become my new motto. I no longer just want to be skinny, I really want to be that healthy fit girl that people look at and go yeah, she’s in shape. At least I have to keep reminding myself of that because I have to focus this attention and energy on something other than the scale that does not want to move at all. I honestly believe that the scale could/should move more but it’s not so therefore I have to go with the concept that I am the healthiest I’ve ever been, I’ve been protein loading and helping to build the strong muscles that I have been talking about forever and therefore the scale can’t possibly be right.

I truly believe that. That scale cannot measure the muscle that I see in my arm and it certainly cannot measure the level of happiness and satisfaction I feel when I look in the mirror and see those muscles. That is priceless.

I am going to meet with this trainer because she is like this crazy food Nazi type who should be able to help me discuss what I should eat a little more to fuel my workouts and build my muscle mass. No, I’m not looking to be a muscle fitness girl, I just want to look healthy and strong while still being feminine and sexy you know. Nothing too much to ask for right, ha  truly I think meeting with her is going to be awesome, she’s a great resource to have and I am all about the more knowledge you have the better.

Anyway, I’m pretty ready for the day to be done. About an hour until my “meeting” and then I’m out of here. Hell yes. Hope everyone has a fabulous 4th of July. Can’t believe it’s the 4th of July already. Crazy town!

No comments: