Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WWJD

In keeping with the whole I’m going to be accountable theme, thought I should really come on here and say that despite not wanting to, I ultimately did in fact make myself run last night. I am sure that’s not too shocking, not even to me, but there was a serious moment where I almost walked thru the door and plopped down on the couch and devoured food. This would be despite the whole vomiting incident of the night before, somehow my brain doesn’t always learn. Nonetheless, I opted for the better route and changed into workout clothes and hit the treadmill. I did however find myself bored. That was a new feeling. I was running at a comfortable speed, and while I love Brothers and Sisters, the TV show, it isn’t the most exciting treadmill watching material. Tonight is the biggest loser, but I won’t watch it tonight because I run right when I get home, not at 8 PM. Anyhow. The bottom line is I pulled my shit together yesterday and completed a very nicely productive day. After my run we had spaghetti for dinner. Spaghetti is definitely one of my favorite foods, and fairly healthy all things considered. 3 points for a cup of whole wheat pasta, 3 points for 3 ounces of Jeanio low fat turkey (ya know, the Biggest Loser pimped stuff) and 2 points for some sauce. So yeah, 8 points. Delish.

I somehow managed to avoid the entire cheesecake (less a piece I ate on Sunday) in the fridge. Nope, no cheesecake for this girl today. Chris ate some, which is perfectly acceptable and really the reason I bought it anyway. Today has been very healthy and productive. I had one of those new Wendy’s apple pecan salads for lunch. A ½ one without the pecan’s, but still delicious anyway. I am sucking on my diet coke and enjoying what is left of our nice fall weather. It’s lovely out today, I am sure that is bound to change any time now.

My sister is coming tomorrow for 2 days with her kiddos. My sister who lives south with my niece and nephew, oh yeah, my brother in law’s coming too… but mostly I can’t wait to hug and squeeze on my children. Nope, they aren’t mine, but they are the closest I am ever going to come to having my own kids. That ship has sailed for me as I don’t think I am ever going to have them. My choice and I’m comfortable with that. Anyhow, therefore those kids are like the best freaking things. This means no running tomorrow night; I wouldn’t trade hugging on my kiddos for anything. Thus tonight another run is definitely on the agenda. I might have to figure out something else to watch on TV though, something a little more action-y. Ah, maybe I do need to get some pumping music. Not sure.

Less than 3 weeks till Vegas. I’m pretty excited. I get to see Beatles Love again. This is totally my favorite experience in Vegas last time. Speaking of that, I find this ironic or interesting. Not sure what it means, but the first time we were in Vegas we bought our Beatles Love tickets from one of those ticket places on the strip. It was a last minute decision and we paid well above the face value of the ticket. We were in the very first row of the balcony. Loved the tickets. Loved being up and seeing it from that angle. Anyhow, this time I called the box office directly to get tickets. I wanted to sit in the front row of the balcony and on an isle seat. The gentleman was very nice and proceed to tell me we’d be in section … seat … and … I’m like cool. Perfect. Come home and show Chris where the tickets are on a map and he’s like, I think those are the same seats as before. I’m like you’re smoking crack, no way in the whole freaking huge theatre we end up in the same seats. I’m intrigued so I dig thru my box of memorabilia and find my tickets from last time and sure enough Chris was right, they are the SAME EXACT seats. How the hell does that happen? Seriously. I think we are destined for those seats. Crazy. Well at least we know what we are getting ourselves into :)

I can’t wait to go and get away. Just can’t wait… I used to post on facebook more during the day but then one of my bosses and his wife friended me and now I can’t possibly post during the day for them to see that I’m not working but instead posting on facebook. Annoying, I’m considering un-friending them, but do you think that is not nice??? I’m considering my options on that front. The thing is, I really like them both and would consider them friends.

I bought a new digital camera on amazon today. I wanted a smaller compact camera with decent zoom and I think I found it in the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)… I think this is also going to be a great camera for my upcoming (not till next May) Maui vacation/wedding/honeymoon. I haven’t booked the trip and won’t for a while, but definitely know that next May-ish I’m going to Maui to get married on the beach with just Chris and I. But come on, I need a good camera. Thought I might as well get it now and try it out in Vegas. The reviews were awesome on this camera and while a little more than I wanted to spend on a camera, I think its totally going to be worth it in the end. I’m excited. I should get it on Thursday and then I get to play with it! Also a good camera is kind of the essential back bone of a scrapbooker as well. Plus my current camera, purchased at least 4 years ago is looking awfully grainy in photos and its pissing me off. It’s time for a new one.

I have to say that I believe I have an unhealthy love for Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper. And when I say unhealthy I feel like they are my friends and I’m somehow part of their lives. I seriously go around the day thinking, oh Jillian would be so mad at me right now (when I eat bad things) or Bob doesn’t do this or that. I say unhealthy because for two TV personalities I think about them way to much in my daily life. It’s disturbing. Not sure what that means, just that I constantly am saying, WWJD… and no, its not the typical what would jesus do (so not religious girl here), its What would Jillian do? Hmm… I am guessing she’d get her but in gear, finish up her daily tasks and then get her mind and body prepared for a good afternoon ass-kicking workout. Yup, that’s definitely what Jillian would do!

No comments: