Monday, October 25, 2010

Assigned errands

Ah so this is why I don’t pack my own lunch and bring it with me to work. It’s about 9:30 AM and I have consumed by lunch sandwich and 1 point ww dessert bar. Oops. I was hungry. I guess if you don’t have food you can’t eat it. Now I’m back in the same boat for lunch, not having anything. Not an utterly smart decision. We will definitely have to see how the day progresses.

I was very snug in my bed this morning, the rain pouring down, the wind blowing wildly when I checked by blackberry, set next to the bed and noticed I had received a 6 AM email from one of my bosses informing me that he and my other boss were at the beach for the day and he gave me a couple tasks to do. Score! This is a score because I then knew I could snuggle up a few more moments in bed without fear of being late and having a boss sitting there waiting for me. In all fairness, my bosses are RARELY sitting at the office waiting for me. Like um, maybe it’s happened once or twice in like 2 years. Really not that big of a deal, but I still worry about it. However, I do like to be a good employee so I’d rather know ahead of time that they aren’t going to immediately need me and thus I can take my time getting ready.

And in taking my time to get ready I put on a nice pair of stretch black pants I bought yesterday at Old Navy, a nice gray shirt and adorable little winter fur boots. Maybe I should take a picture. The pants were on clearance for $11.99 and then they were an additional 40% off so yeah, only $7.19. They are quite cute. And I’m feeling very wintery which is nice.

I want to talk about the reality that while I did manage to run both Friday and Saturday for some killer good workouts (I bagged on it yesterday which was fine), I honestly did not make the best food choices. I am not sure what it is with me lately, other than the fact that I just like food. It’s Monday and I should be able to pull myself together for the week on the food front. At least that is the plan/goal/hope. Of course starting out your Monday AM consuming your lunch is probably not the best start. Oh well. I am going to run tonight. Kind of why I intentionally took yesterday off from running. Let my legs rest a day before I got back on there tonight for a good run. My “plan” for the week is to run tonight, run tomorrow night and run Wednesday night. I will then take off Thursday. I may or may not take off Friday night as well. But either way, if I run Friday night then I’m free of it on Saturday and if I don’t run Saturday night then Saturday I have to run to meet my 15 workouts for the month of October goal. Saturday night my cousin is having a killer Halloween party at his house so yeah, that’s on the agenda. This is one of my favorite male cousins… Love him. Anyhow, at least this year we are actually going out, which is a change!

This Monday marks the start of my two weeks of work until Vegas. As if you couldn’t tell already I am mega excited about this reality. Yeah! Less than two weeks and counting. Still working on the shoe situation, toying with some ideas/options. Picked up some little black Vans this weekend, thinking those might be cute to sport around Vegas. Then again this boot situation I have going on today is pretty cute too. Yeah, I care way to much about fashion, but I do love it, so what are you going to do?

I actually can’t believe it’s already October 25, that just seems crazy! Time totally flies. Far too quickly honestly. I vacuumed over my cell phone charger last week and ruined it. I have ordered a replacement charger and I’m hoping it shows up today, as it stands right now the only way I have to charge my blackberry is in the car. It’s a pain in the ass and I’m hoping I can get thru today and then I will have my plug in one back. That will make life simpler again. Note to self: Pick up the damned charger next time you vacuum. Geesh.

I have a nice serious discussion/post I want to write out but my brain doesn’t function as well in the AM. I have never been or ever will be a morning person. Just not me. Perhaps this afternoon I will find the correct words to formulate the thoughts swirling around my brain this weekend. Nothing life changing just stuff about happiness/balance/etc. Basically, I am happy. Weird concept.

Anyhow I guess I should go run my errands assigned to me via e-mail this morning from my boss. Go pick up and deliver items. Emily’s taxi at your service. But honestly I’ll do whatever they want (within reasonable legal limits of course!) for a paycheck. Off and driving.

No comments: