Saturday, October 23, 2010

Run, Run, Run

Run, Run, Run. I feel like quite the little runner and I am VERY happy with myself. Last night I did come home and was actually quite excited to get on the treadmill. It actually showed in my output. I managed a very solid 80 minutes, just around 9 miles and 1000 plus calories burned. I ran and ran and watched my favorite fitness guru's Jillian and Bob. How I totally heart the Biggest Loser and often play out scenerios in my head of, "If I were on the ranch..." The truth is, If I were ACTUALLY on the ranch I would die. Like literally that is to much exercise for anyone honestly. But that's not my point. My point is, I seriously don't know which trainer I would actually choose in a blue vrs. black showdown. I truly love both Jillian and Bob for very different reasons. Oh, they are both great! And both equally responsible for my kick ass workout. I did great on food yesterday and finished with a very healthy day.

This morning the scale said 146.5, so yeah, rewarded for my efforts, so today I kind of blew it already with some food choices. Nothing too horrible, thinking i'm at around 12-15 points for the day so far, but I say so far because I am already planning an evening trip to the Red Lobster for date night with Chris. I am totally making healthy butter free fresh fish choices, lobster, crab and shrimp (sans butter) and plain baked potato, none of this would put me over point wise but the giant margarita my body is telling me to order surely will. Oh well. To compensate, I ran. Yes, despite my body throwing me fierce no you don't vibes, I got on the treadmill anyway. Glad I did, I feel much better and happier and did a very solid 60 minutes, 7 miles, 850 calories burned. So yeah, earned my margarita. I kind of rationalized it in my head that this was the deal anyway. Run and you shall get that giant margarita you want :) So apparently these days I do run for food or alcohol. Interesting!

Regardless, I am proud of my physical efforts if not my dietary ones these last two days. I have been playing with a goal I set for myself on October 1, I told myself I wanted to run 15 out of the 31 days in October, roughly 50% of the month. I think this is a pretty decent goal. Today marked run 11. So yeah, i've got 8 days left to go and I need 4 more workouts. So yeah, 50%... I can do this. Scratch that, I WILL do this.

Time to get off the old computer, shower up and get ready for Red Lobster date night... mmm.... Red Lobster.

No comments: