Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Biggest Frustration!

Last night I’m plugging along and 8 PM comes. I happen to glance down and notice that only one light on my DVR box is going, not the 2 that should be going at 8 PM for Glee and the Biggest Loser. I have a mild panic attack and switch on the DVR box to investigate. It seems that last night was the season opener for the NBA and more specifically The Portland Trail Blazers. I always have this problem where Blazers and Biggest Loser meet and ultimately leave me pissed, upset and frazzled. What should have been a fabulous Biggest Loser run today is now non-existent as local programming thought it fit to show the blazer game until 9:30 with Biggest Loser airing for the last half hour at 9:30 to 10:00… but the programming box is stupid and professional athletic games are never set in stone and therefore 9:30 to 10:00 was ultimately still a basketball game. I have no idea if they are going to re-air Biggest Loser at some point. Guess is not, as they suck and I’ve been down this path before with them. I don’t mind the blazer games but I hate not getting to see my favorite show. Ugh. Annoying 101!

I was very much looking forward to my run today with Bob and Jillian. I actually had a sex dream the other night about Bob, which is kind of weird because while I do think he’s an attractive man, I’ve never really thought of him in terms of sex or physical attraction. My love for him and Jillian equal has everything to do with respect and admiration. They continually kick my ass and inspire me on a weekly basis without even knowing it. I don’t really think about them sexually, but apparently my body transported that admiration into a little fantasy the other night. But true to dream form, the details are all fuzzy and I don’t really know much other than it was a sex dream and Bob Harper was there. Ah well. I suspect I am going to be forced to watch this week’s Biggest Loser on the computer, which actually makes me shudder because for me Biggest Loser is all about the treadmill and working out. Not sure how any of this is going to work. Damn you KGW, local channel 8 for fucking with my life!

Moving on, I guess because I have no choice, I can tell you that yesterday ended up being a nice day overall. I did pretty good food wise and then I came home and had a very fabulous run. It was one of those where I know things are good because suddenly I can run for a lot longer and not feel tired. This might be a sign I need to up the intensity some. Anyhow, I did a solid approximately 80-81 minute run; I did 9.25 miles and burned about 1100 calories. Definitely one of my better workouts. But while I did run a smidge faster than I’ve been averaging I still feel like overall it was probably too easy. My aim is really to run for 60 minutes and be burned out at that point. The fact that I can run that extra 20 minutes means my intensity in those 60 minutes probably wasn’t great enough. I suppose it really depends what you are going for. Length or intensity. At this point I have the time but ultimately am aiming for 60 minute workouts because it’s a lot more realistic. So yeah 13 runs out of 26 days… Today will be 14 out of 27. I will run again tonight, despite the lack of Biggest Loser entertainment. Basically I am running because Chris is working the late shift meaning he won’t be home until about 9:00 so really form 5:30 to 9:00 I’m on my own which could lead to bad food choices so I definitely might as well run.

After my run last night we made tacos for dinner. Delish. I love those Old El Paso taco shells that stand up on there own. Throw a little ground turkey, cheese, lettuce, onion and sour cream and its delish. I finished the day points wise in the 22-24 range which is nice and healthy. I can honestly say in previous weight watcher attempts I didn’t eat enough food. Yes, I ate. I always ate, but I’m sure not enough. I feel like this time around I am actually eating enough which is helping to keep my mood and energy level in an appropriate place. Meaning I have some! It also makes me feel like I could do this for a lot longer, the whole living this lifestyle because I eat when I’m hungry, but just try and make smarter decisions.

I had a fabulous Whole Grain Wheat (western bagel) this morning with whipped cream cheese. It actually helped to fill me up and it was mighty delish actually. I had brought some whole grain noodles with cream cheese and garlic salt for my lunch but my mom just called and wanted to see if I wanted to head to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. I go sometimes with her and her coworker that I think is great. They have this fabulous salad which is basically just your standard salad, sans cheese but with chicken, avocado and an Italian dressing on the side. I don’t really know the point’s value but figure ultimately it can’t be too bad. I limit the avocado some because while it is healthy and delish it can be high points, but I certainly eat it… yum. So yeah, that sounds like a better option. Or rather more fun option for lunch. That’s in an hour and a half so yeah to that.

This week seems to be flying by. Can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. This is much happiness as the official date is the 27th. Vegas is on the 6th. You see how close those numbers are getting??? Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.

No comments: