Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My private place

I’ve decided that it’s okay to post random thoughts just for myself. I know I used to always post and obviously thought it was okay but I think deep down part of me was doing it because I knew someone else was reading it. I don’t think anyone is reading now and I’m okay with that. Especially since today I decided to take this blog private. If you are reading this then that’s because you’ve previously, like years ago, read and commented on this blog and I added you to a list somewhere. Basically I just don’t think I want the random world to be able to stop by and read my life. Boy how the years have changed me. I’m okay with this. I’m okay with these thoughts being just for me. In a lot of ways it’s just easier for me. I think it’s the age old debate of as much as we love the people in our lives; at what point do you deserve something that’s totally private, just for you? This blog was my privacy for a while, and then I let everyone in, then it changed and evolved and while I no longer feel the need to talk in great lengths about all the details of my life, I still deserve a place to post my thoughts without having my real life dissect it. It’s an interesting thing.

Needless to say, all I will say is that I think someone from my real life read something I posted in the past couple of days, not a big deal at all. I posted nothing that I wouldn’t openly share with anyone, however, I don’t like having words or thoughts thrown at me unexpectedly, therefore, this is probably my best course of action. Okay, end of that.

Last night, fully knowing that tonight and tomorrow night I was going to bag on the exercise because I have little kids to hug and squeeze on, I pushed myself a little extra hard and I’m glad for it. I did 82 minutes, 9.1 miles, about 1100 calories burned. Maybe, fingers crossed, that will help keep me on track a bit today. I don’t know, we will see. I have to admit I don’t exactly have the best track record when it comes to eating at my mom’s house when people are around. Hello this last weekend, prime example. But I never want to give into negative ways of thinking. Anything is possible; I am quite capable of good eating if I want to. Part of me thinks that I’ve just decided to allow myself to be complacent with where I’m at because it’s comfortable and I don’t really feel like there’s anything wrong with how I look right now. Eh.

Sure, I’m fine with where I’m at, but don’t think for a second that I don’t worry about gaining 5 pounds, and then 10 and then not being comfortable with where I’m at. Maintenance has never ever been my strong suit. Great at losing weight, maintaining has always eluded me. I’m working on it. I honestly can’t gain any weight because that wedding dress won’t fit me appropriately if I do. Seriously, there’s not room for 5 or 10 extra pounds in there. Don’t get me wrong that is always in the back of my mind, but so is the reality that May is a long time away. Whatever. None of this really bothers me to much. I am not stressed or that worried about it. It will all even out. As long as I can keep putting in about 3 good solid hour long runs a week everything shall be fine. I think running 3 times a week is great or me. If its 3 or if I manage 4 one week, all the better, but mostly I’ve been averaging 3 and I’m totally comfortable with that.

Last night I was starting to think perhaps I was becoming an alcoholic. Okay that’s a complete exaggeration. I really hate the taste of alcohol and only like it conveniently disguised in a margarita or fruity drink form. Anyhow, after running I really was jonzing for a margarita, thus the panic fear that I was addicted to drinking. I did get a cup of ice, blended it in the mixer with my couple shots of sugar free margarita mix and threw in the one shot of tequila. It made two drinks and I realized that actually I just like the whole slushy aspect and really could live without the alcohol. Guess I must now be that raving alcoholic, as I could totally just make this with the ice and sugar free mix (10 cal per ounce), and be happy. Perhaps that’s the way to get my fix. Honestly not a drinker here.

In case you were ever tempted or wondering, using a paper clip as a bobby pin in your hair is not such a good idea. While it may seem tempting because it contains a lot of similar properties, it really is NOT the same thing. The paperclip goes in all smooth, but trying to pull it out, yeah, not so fun. Just thought I’d share.

I watched Jackie Warnier’s Workout last night, the last two episodes of it. I have to say for the most part I detest this show. I only watch it because it is people working out, but they are the most awful, deplorable human beings. I really hate them. Spoiled rich ungrateful whiney individuals. Biggest Loser was last night, which I normally would watch tonight, but given my desire to spend the evening loving my kiddos, I’m passing. Biggest Loser will have to wait until Friday night when my kids are no longer around.