Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday-ness

It takes me a few hours in the morning to really get warmed up. It’s approximately 10 AM and finally something has kicked in and I am feeling peppy and alive and thankful that it’s Friday. I think it might have been a generalized lack of sleep. Yeah, it happens. Last night I ran home after work to pick up my new phone (It came in too late in the afternoon for me to warrant a special trip home to pick it up) and then I went to mom’s house where I spent the evening hanging with my kids. It was actually really nice. I don’t get that much one on one time with them all that often.

The family was watching the Ducks football game and I really don’t care so much so yeah, I got to chill with my kids. We cut out shapes on the cricut machine and then me and Kayden looked thru a Victoria Secret catalog that came for me. Yeah, before you lecture me on the inappropriateness of such a situation, I should say that she is a VERY smart almost 6 year old and her parents treat her as such. We quickly passed thru the bra/panty section to hit up the clothes. This girl is a fashionista in the making so it was quite fun to sit there and flip the pages with her and discuss what clothes we liked, what shoes we would buy and how we would accessorize the hell out of that outfit. Bottom line is, it was actually quite fun.

I got to play with my new camera some. I took pictures in the automatic mode, did not get a chance to read the manual or figure out any of the fancy settings, just enough to snap some gorgeous photos of my little ones and have some fun. Maybe this afternoon I will play with the photos and post a couple. There are a few particularly cute ones of my kids.

Anyhow, the point is I don’t think I got home until almost 11 PM last night and by that point I was pretty tired. I knew I was tired because I slept in a lot longer than I should have this morning and look like hell now as a result of my rush job. My tummy is growling because it’s hungry… grr… But overall I finally feel awake enough to be grateful for the Friday-ness of the day. And yes, the Friday-ness is ultimately just the fact that TGIF is upon us.

I am actually quite excited to run this evening. I guess that’s how you know the perfect balance of rest and love for exercise co-exist. Some days running does in fact seem like a shore, but I tell you, take 2 days off and my fires are starting to burn and I can’t wait to get home, throw on my running shoes and let me feet do the work. Actually, I think it’s my legs that do most of the actual work… Regardless, I have a Biggest Loser to watch and that makes me really excited. Actually I need a good run to counter the two days of eh eating as well. Again last night could have been much worse but it wasn’t exactly stellar either. No point counting, but pizza was purchased with breadsticks. I had one slice of pizza (could so be worse) but I did have 2 breadsticks. They were mighty delish. I am more of a sucker for bread anyhow. I followed that up with a few handfuls of cheetos and a bite of a caramel desert thing. It’s not the end of the world and all will be find. It just is. Yeah, I no longer expect to lose weight at this rate, but this maintenance thing is just fine. For now.

This weekend’s goal is to stay relatively healthy for most of it. I had my indulgence the last two days so I really need to keep it clean for this weekend. I don’t have any major functions so hopefully that will be doable. Tomorrow I have to have the truck to Les Schwab at 8 and then the day is pretty much open. I need to avoid crap food and I need to avoid spending money. I’ve over indulged on both fronts and need to rein it in for a bit. Especially because I have a 2 week from tomorrow vacation to Vegas. Yup, 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be getting on my plane and for the love of God, I should be able to control both my eating and spending for 2 weeks in order to feel ready to tackle the world of Vegas. Geesh!

The sun is peaking out of the clouds and I am hoping it sticks around a while longer, like thru the weekend. It would be great to squeak out one more beautiful 70-ish weekend out of the summer before fall kicks in in full force. Yes, I do love fall, but one more weekend wouldn’t hurt anyone.

I need to start thinking a little more about what shoes I am going to wear in Vegas. I know, random topic or idea, but honestly it has me baffled. I am a high-heel kind of girl. I always wear gorgeous pumps with my jeans and t-shirts, well actually with anything. I think a good pair of pumps makes everything better. The thing is, I’m also a logical girl. I can’t wear pumps and spend my day walking around the strip. I am not a total gluten for punishment. There has to be an in-between in there somewhere where style and function meet. I just am not sure I’ve found it. I am not a tennis shoe with jean kind of girl, so where does that leave me? The last time I went to Vegas it was warm, like REALLY warm and flip flops worked awesome. I am afraid November is going to be too chilly for them. What is a girl to do? I considered the old wear comfort for walking but then change into gorgeous shoes for dinners and shows??? I just don’t know. My stylish brain can’t stand the tennis shoes, but my achy feet are already cringing at the walking long distances in high heels. Stupid random thoughts, but ignoring the issue won’t make it any easier come two weeks from now.

I am guessing its going to be an early lunch for me but what to have? Isn’t that the age old question or dilemma I seem to be having lately. I need to get back into the groove where I actually prepared food at home and brought it with me. Way better on the pocket book for sure. Dropping $3-$6 a day on lunch seems REALLY stupid. Maybe that can be a goal for this weekend, to prepare some meals a head of time that would be filling and appropriate for next week.

Alright, I guess that’s really all I have to say, actually its probably more than I really had to say, but whatever. It’s FRIDAY!!!

No comments: