Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spice Happy!

Wow the day has flown by, which is actually really very nice all things considered. It’s almost 3 and I’m excited about that. I had a very busy morning, lots of errands, lots of stuff done. Very productive. I feel like I can breathe a little at work as I cleared some projects off my desk. Yeah to that! I want to tell you about a killer deal at Fred Meyer or Kroger store if you happen to have that in your area. I personally have never been in a Kroger store but I think they are the same thing as Fred Meyer and this deal will work at both places. Anyhow, I actually love McCormick Spices, the grinder ones. They can be around $3 a bottle if not on sale. However, this week they are on sale at Fred Meyer/Kroger for $1 each. Yeah to that firstly. Good price unto itself, but it totally gets better. So you buy 3 of them, you pay $3.00 and then the Catalina machine (you know those annoying coupons or advertisements that print out in the little machine that attaches to the cash register?) anyhow, it will print out a coupon good for $3.00 off any purchase at the store. Yup, pretty cool. So then in your second transaction buy 3 more, for a grand total of $3.00 and then hand them your Catalina that just printed for $3 off your purchase. You pay zero dollars and then the machine gives you another $3.00…. and there is the beauty of this game, do this as many times as you like and is reasonably justifiable… don’t get like hundreds cause that wouldn’t be nice at all.

So on my lunch hour today I ran around to 3 different Fred Meyer’s and managed to collect 24 bottles of spices. I paid $3.00 to start but I still have a $3.00 certificate to buy anything else at the store so basically I got 24 bottles for totally free!!! How awesome is that. Anyone can do this. Seriously. Good times.

So here are all my purchases today. For free! Love good deals like that.


Anyhow, last night I did manage to go home and have a very nice 60 minute, 7.1 mile, 850 calorie burned run. Very nice. We had a delicious spaghetti dinner with Safeway Artisan bread (the fresh stuff baked in house, so good and surprisingly ww friendly!) Anyhow, nice meal, good dinner, nothing much to report there.

Tonight the plan is to hit up another nice hour long run. Tonight’s run will put my monthly total at 13 runs out of 26 days, which is exactly 50%, exactly where I want to be for the month, so basically right on track.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... when does that spice sale end????

Emily Canady said...

Theresa-

The sale is good thru Saturday.... The catalina thing will print all month long, but the sale price of $1.00 is only good until Saturday (Sunday is a new ad)... good luck, hope you can score some :)

-Emily