Friday, September 12, 2014

Busy week

Somewhere, somehow this week just totally got away from me. I guess sometimes that can be a good thing. Another week down and in the books and its Friday afternoon with a whole impending weekend upon me. This is always a good thing. Life was crazy this week. Work was extra busy. My bosses were around which is never a fun thing :)

My puppy Bella accidently scratched my older dog Molly’s eye on Monday night. We had to take her into the vet first thing Tuesday morning. It was so sad and awful, she couldn’t even open her eye and I spent a vast amount of time freaking out about her poor eye and worrying about her. She got medicine and we’ve been dutifully administering it in her eye. She is slowly getting better which makes me happy, finally. But it’s a sensitive situation and I was beyond panicked. This is the first time there has been something wrong with one of my babies ever. Turns out I was a worried wreck.  I had panic attacks of what if she goes blind or loses her eye? And the overwhelming thought that crossed my mind was no matter what happened, we’d put a patch on her and she’d be my perfect amazing one eyed dog. I love that girl so much and no matter what she is my baby.  It’s not really Bella’s fault and I’m still trying to give her lots of love and attention. But it is very hard to keep Bella away from Molly while she is recuperating and not feeling well and needing to have her eye left alone.  I am a constant referee.

On Tuesday I also took my passport application into the designated office and got that sent off. 4-6 weeks and I should have that. So another thing off my plate. It’s always nice to get things crossed off the list. Especially considering that I’ve already booked and paid for the airfare and the hotel to Puerto Vallarta I really need that passport. But I have done my part now and all should be good.

Wednesday night was in fact leg day in personal training and as I could have told you, I am hobbling around now with sore ass muscles. My ass and my hamstrings are on fire. This does not of course bode well for the half marathon I am running tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. I will push thru anyway, but still. OUCH!

My deep cough/cold seems to have gotten better. There are still a few lingering traces of the cough but nothing like it was last week. I think maybe perhaps things have stabilized enough that my body is getting somewhat back on track.  I didn’t have a super stellar week in terms of my effort physically with exercise and/or eating, but I weighed myself yesterday nonetheless and was happy to see 148.3 on the scale, meaning I had lost 1.5 pounds. Nice and steady consistent me. I will take it. 3 weeks until San Jose. 3 weeks exactly from today I will be there. This puts me on a good pace/track to reach my 145 goal by San Jose. 3 weeks, 3.3 pounds. Honestly at this exact moment I already feel like a winner so whatever happens beyond this is just gravy. I’m much happier being 148.3 than the 159.5 that I saw 7 weeks ago.

I am actually pretty exhausted right now today. I realized that I have exercised for the last 6 days in a row so this is probably just my body telling me it’s time for a break. Of course I only get the 1 day break and my body probably is going to quite object tomorrow morning. Whatever happens, happens I suppose.

Last night I went pretty easy at the gym honestly. The beauty of my entire family now living in the same city is impromptu last night we all ended up at a sushi place for dinner right next door to my gym. We were meeting there at 6:30. So I got to the gym about 5:15, put in a solid hour and then headed over for sushi with the family. It really is nice to see everyone randomly on a Thursday night.  And then today my brother in law texted me asking me about Victoria Secret sports bras for my youngest sister. He said she has been having a shit week and he wanted to get her a surprise and knew she wanted one, and was wondering if I knew her size and of course if I had any coupons. I ALWAYS have coupons so at lunch time I met him at the mall today and gave him the coupon and helped him pick out one for my sister. This is the perk of everyone living here. So awesome!

Tonight we are all going to Red Lobster for Endless Shrimp. Of course, I printed out the nutritional information so that I can be a good girl and not be extra tempted by the less than healthy shrimp options. It’s always good to think ahead. Doesn’t always mean I am going to stick to it, but at least it’s a good thought.

I really feel like closing my eyes and napping away this final 2 hours of work, of course I am pretty sure that would be impossible for me to actually do but a girl can dream a little bit. Despite being incredibly busy this week in all aspects of my life I am generally pretty happy. I feel pretty good and confident with how things are going, and I’m starting to get excited because like I said, 3 weeks until I get a mini vacation. And then it’s like 6 weeks later and I’m off to Vegas, also very excited about that one too. Then it will be December and Christmas time and then I just have to get thru January and then on February 3 I get to go to Puerto Vallarta so life is pretty good for me honestly. And if I just keep going along this path I’ve been living these last 7 weeks I have no reason to believe that I won’t be in a great place physically and mentally by the time I hit the beaches of Mexico.


2014: the best year of my life ever. Here’s to hoping 2015 is every bit as awesome and epic, and I honestly have no reason to believe it won’t be!  Have a fabulous healthy fun weekend everyone. I know I intend to!

No comments: