Thursday, June 27, 2013

Future Pin-Up Girl

Well hello there Thursday. I like you because we are one day closer to the much desirable weekend. I actually have a love/hate relationship with my weekends. So much love for the obvious reasons but some hate because I am never as good and healthy as I am during the week. Oh well; still wouldn’t trade it. I am slightly disappointed because those pesky weathermen said it would be 81 degrees today and thus far I only see clouds outside. No rain yet but no sun either. I swear my forecast does call for 90’s from here on out but I’m simply being impatient and want it NOW! Funny how I can totally live with the 90 heat because it’s not rain. I am most ready for it!!!

Anyhow. Let me recap my last night. I was so sore yesterday. I think more sore than I realized as the day progressed my entire core was just tight. There is really no way to describe it other than this overall it’s too small for my body kind of tight. It hurt to move. Seriously. But I went ahead and went to the gym for (3) 30 minute classes. I like Wednesday night classes and since my legs and arms weren’t sore I figured I could do most things; just NOT CORE. Well, there is always going to be core work I guess. I managed all right. First was dumbbell fit which obviously uses dumbbells to do strength training. Good stuff. This class was pretty good with the sore factor. I worked thru it. Then it was Cardio strength. This was much more cardio and somehow they were wanting lots of planks and sit-ups which I just couldn’t do. The pain was too much. Ah well. Finally it was Iron Power. I got to use the big weight bar and do more arm work. I loved it.

After my 1.5 hours of classes I was pretty much too exhausted to do anything else. I burned a round 500 calories and decided that given my state of sore and general lack of motivation it was good enough and I went home. I proceeded to eat as clean as possible to properly fuel my body from all the tearing down and breaking of my muscles. I know sore obviously means I worked my muscles and they are rebuilding themselves a little bit bigger and stronger and obviously I need to help them grow with the right foods. Thank goodness I actually love how healthy food makes me feel. And I can mostly manage to eat pretty clean for 5 days a week. Challenges set in on weekends but some of them are good too :)

This Saturday I will once again be hitting the gym for 9 AM kickboxing and then some other work. Saturday afternoon my mom and I have to run to a furniture store to use a group we bought ages ago that expires in July. Hopefully I can manage good clean healthy eating.

I’m not going to lie, all this muscle building not only leaves me tired but it sometimes leaves me feeling a little fat. Like I know my body is breaking itself down to rebuilt the new bionic version of me but in doing so I am sure I am retaining water like a fiend and of course I’m so afraid of the scale. Stupid scale, why do you have so much power when you are so useless??? I know building muscle and killing it physically is the overall goal so I should just embrace it and all the extra food and protein I’m consuming.

Speaking of protein consumption, I am excited to try these new Quest Nutrition bars that previous Biggest Loser contestants seem to glowingly recommend. Yesterday I even tweeted Olivia and Courtney from Biggest Loser Season 11 and asked what flavors they recommended and they both responded back. Love that! It feeds my pseudo obsession with stalking previous BL contestants. Anyhow turns out if you email the company, Quest Nutrition they are kind enough to send you 2 free bars as a sample. I emailed them and within in hour they responded to me asking me which 2 flavors I would like to try and for my address and then in another hour I had a shipping confirmation for 2 free bars. Got to love that. So I am throwing a shout out to them right here, right now. I don’t know if they are any good yet. We will see right. I will definitely let you know the moment I try them and of course which flavors I’m digging. But in the meantime, since they are giving free bars as samples I say get them!

Email to: support@questnutrition.com

Website: http://www.questproteinbar.com/

These bars are appealing to me because they have 20 grams of protein AND they have like 15 grams of fiber. They are still 5 ww points for anyone who cares but if I am eating 5 ww points like I have been with some of the bars I’ve ate lately at least these have so much good stuff to fill you up and they are slightly more natural. They say junk free snack but the ingredients aren’t bad all things considered. Again, I have not actually ate one yet so I don’t know on taste but they have amazing sounding flavors out there and again according to past BL contestants they truly are amazing. So I’m excited.

Oh, guys, this is what I’m up to. Yesterday I went ahead and bought this groupon:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/pixie-s-pin-ups-photography-1?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=ApiV2&utm_source=uu30502763

Well, I actually bought it directly from the photographer since on her Facebook page she was offering additional photos and an outfit change if you bought directly with her. For those of you who did not follow the link above, it’s a photo session for basically sexy photos or pin-up photos. Yup, this girl is going to get some skanky photos. Ha. She sounds really nice actually as I chatted with her on the phone for a while. They are classy photos. Anyone who wants to see the photos can check out her Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/PixiesPinups?fref=ts Anyhow; my appointment is tentatively set for August 11. So yes, I have a new goal in mind. Kick ass at the gym for the next 6 weeks so that I will look amazing in my sexy glamour type shots. I’ve got 6 weeks to build these little muscles up and then strut around in sexy pin-up clothing and get my picture taken. I kind of have always wanted to do this but honestly had no idea there was a place in the same town where I live that did this and it is super affordable. So much so that if I love it, which I kind of think I will because I’m vain and narcissistic that way, I could totally see myself doing thing again later. I think this is an awesome treat for a woman. Plus I love that most of her pictures are like true curvaceous women, not just stick thin girls.

So this morning my husband was kissing me good-bye and was like, you are looking so good. Sometimes I look at you and can’t believe you are my wife. You are hot. Awwhh… that is like the best compliment. That if he didn’t know me and he saw me he’d be very attracted to me. I know we’ve been together for 9 years and all but it’s still nice to hear from time to time you know. Then I promptly made him feel my arm muscle that is growing cause that’s just how I roll. I mean who really takes compliments in person all that well??? Not this girl for sure.

So I guess I’m saying don’t be surprised if in 6 weeks I have some awesome photos that I end up sharing. I don’t think they are going to be too bad so of course I might share some of them. Anyway, guess that’s about all for me today. Got to get back to some work and get a healthy snack.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SUPER excited that you are doing those photos!!! It will be so awesome for you to have them and when you are having one of those days when you are feeling the fat girl mentality creeping out you can just look at those photos and tell that fat girl to go to Hell. ;)
Theresa

Unknown said...

By the way, I just looked at her Facebook and it looks like you might just be her skinniest/fittest model ever. ;)
Theresa

Brianna said...

Those photos are a grat idea! You are doing so many things to stay motivated and keep from burning out this time around. Can't wait to hear about this adventure!

Onedayatatime said...

You are killing it at the gym! That's fantastic! You will look amazing in the photos after all your hard work.

Thank you SO much for posting about the Quest bars. I've been looking for something pretty natural, reasonable calories, and something that is good with all the workouts. I actually bought some yesterday and tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough which was pretty good. However, I think I am completely in love with the Chocolate Peanut Butter that I tried today. Please post your favorites!