Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Blah

This weekend did not go as I had planned. I mean in terms of my food/health life that is. I guess some weekends are just like that aren’t they? I did have a good time with my family. Since I was in Maui the beginning of the month and then last weekend they were gone I have gone a longer than normal amount of time without hanging out with them. It was nice to see everyone but also reminded me of the challenges that I face when seeing everyone. It is no one else’s fault but my own. No one forces me to eat bad at all. I just somehow do. Like social events are invitations to eat freely and poorly. I really don’t want to dwell on the bad because hello, let’s stay positive on an otherwise naturally shitty Monday morning. I say naturally shitty because starting a week off always sucks. I do love the endless possibility and hope and fresh start of a Monday but the actual Monday morning getting back into the routine of it all kind of sucks.

Anyway, I had a great time Saturday night hanging out with my sister, brother in law, my other sister, my cousin and her husband and then one of my sister’s good friends. After work Chris showed up and we ended up going to a movie. We saw Now You See Me. It was actually shockingly a good movie. But of course it was one of those order food right at your table theaters and I got French fries with honey mustard (my complete and utter downfall!) and Sangria. Somehow social events just equal food for me. Afterwards we came home and played games. I had an awesome time! I guess I kind of needed that. A break from my constant health obsessed lifestyle. Nice to know that I can turn it off if needed. It’s still possible to live and breathe other things!

I won’t talk about the most amazing recces’ Peanut Butter cup cheesecake my cousin made. It’s kind of cruel and unusual torture for all involved, me writing it and you reading it to discuss how ridiculously amazing it was. I can guess that the calorie count on a slice was like 3000. Whatever. At least Saturday morning I did go to the gym and do cardio kickboxing and then some weight work on my own.

Yesterday I was so tired and lazy all day long. Seriously couldn’t get myself to do anything. I had every intention of exercising, I even put on workout clothes for the day but it just never happened. I did spend about 2 hours cleaning my house which it really was in desperate need of so I suppose that is a good thing. It's funny how we can sometimes justify things in our minds. I kept thinking that I don’t want to work out too hard because I don’t want to be sore because tonight I have my first official one on one session at the gym with my trainer and I didn’t want to go not feeing my best. Ultimately this was just an excuse because I am certain that if I had made myself run I would not have been sore. I was just too tired and took the day off and instead ate. I’d say this isn’t true but it kind of is. Oh well, not every single weekend can be perfect.

For all those reasons I am kind of glad it is Monday morning and I get back to my normal routine of health and wellness and exercise. I want to go to the gym tonight for sure. 5:30 is the training session which I am sure is going to kill me. And then at 6:30 depending on how I’m feeling I might do a ½ hour class. We will see. Of course today I have a major jonzing to run. I suppose that’s because I didn’t or couldn’t or wouldn’t make myself do it yesterday. I really do feel the need for my legs to let wild. I don’t know. I feel like a killer workout is in order. I need the sweat.

Back to good clean healthy eating today. At least Monday does allow for a fresh start with that! I am very much interested in a good clean healthy eating day coupled with a nice killer workout tonight. I am sure that is what my body needs most right now. I was feeling so yucky yesterday and I guarantee it was from lack of exercise mixed with two days of piss poor eating. Today is going to be better. I had a Greek yogurt for breakfast and I am mixing it up today by adding a scoop of protein powder to my water. I can plainly see that I have been lacking major protein in my diet and perhaps that will help make me feel fuller when I might otherwise not feel it.

I have some errands to run today, I have to hit the store for some groceries. I am almost out of bananas and yogurt, two of my main diet staples. All right, I just added some Dasani flavor drops in mixed berry to my protein water and that’s not bad; much better really. Protein powder usually tastes a little “off” to me, but this makes it completely bearable and since I totally need the protein I am excited.

Anyhow, right now I am generally just not feeling it, but I suspect that is complete and utter exhaustion so I need to get myself focused and back on track and back to doing the things I love. I am sure I will “feel it” as I say later today, after I wake up some! That’s the plan anyway.

No comments: