Friday, May 21, 2010

Time Off

I have had a couple really good workouts in a row. Like seriously the best couple workouts I’ve had in ages and I was shocked that after only a couple weeks my body is reacting the way it is. Sure, I’m still carrying around too much extra weight, and I am no where near where I once was, but perhaps my body hasn’t completely forgotten how fit it used to be. I actually smiled the other night because I realized that after only 10 workouts I was able to run for a period of time without stopping. On Wednesday night I got on the treadmill and ran for 40 minutes straight. I then walked 5 and then ran 10 more. I felt pretty dang good about that. For whatever reason I had great energy. Then last night, despite thinking I wouldn’t really be able to hit it to hard, I managed to run for 30 minutes, walk 5, run another 10, walk 5, run another 5. Basically I ran a total of 45 minutes in 60 minutes… Not bad at all. I am improving every day and I do love that.

However, I am debating whether I am going to exercise this evening or not. I have worked out 4 days in a row, putting in all these good numbers:

Monday: 60 minutes (run 45), 5.57 miles, 765 cal
Tuesday: 60 minutes (run 35) 5.25 miles, 700 cal
Wednesday: 65 minutes (run 50), 6.1 miles, 835 cal
Thursday: 65 minutes (run 45), 5.67 miles, 765 cal

I am sure I could take a break today, but I have a fear that come the weekend I won’t be exercising so it’s easier for me to stick to my go to work, come home and exercise routine. I guess it will be a last minute decision.

I am presently sucking on a Berry Fulfilling Jamba Juice so perhaps that will give me a little extra energy? It’s a big maybe, but who knows. More than anything its mind over matter. Not sure what will win out at 5:30 when I get home.

Over the last two days a big change has already occurred in my life. It seems on Wednesday one of my bosses told me that I am going to have to go to part time work for a while. They need to up their cash flow a little bit and they can’t afford to pay me. Not that it’s a big salary, it’s not. I make $12 an hour, but I totally understand. The truth is, I adore my job so I am willing to work with them as they are going to work with me. My schedule will be one week work Monday thru Thursday 8 hours a day for a total of 32 hours. The next week I will work a grand total of 7 hours. This is how much I can work and not have it affect my unemployment for the week. Basically I am going to claim unemployment for that week. My 7 hours will be totally at my discretion. Answering e-mails and phone calls and running into the office once or twice and picking up the mail. I am working from home for the week.

The bottom line is that my salary will decrease a little, probably around $150-$200 a month. Now, when you don’t make a lot that is a lot of money, but I am not in such a bad position that this really affects me that much. I have spent the last year of my life getting myself into a better financial situation so that this doesn’t really hit me hard. I am actually excited. The reality is for the $150-$200 a month I only have to work ½ time. Yeah, that’s a good deal. This is not permanent, so I won’t get too used to it, but for the time being I’m excited. This starts next week. As I have worked full time this week, next week is my first official 7 hour work from home week. I am looking forward to the first week just cleaning the house, being able to exercise earlier in the afternoon and being able to coupon a little more. Honestly I’m not sure how much my lifestyle is really going to change, but I don’t have to go into the office so that is nice.

I almost feel like I’m getting a paid vacation, which is something I don’t normally have. I will however be on their beck and call so it might end up annoying me, we will see. I love my job so it’s worth hanging in there with them thru the next couple months.

I have an hour left of work for the day and then I get to go home and have a weekend, and then a 7 hour work week, and then another weekend. Not too shabby. Chris keeps asking me what I’m going to do with all my free time. I just say, exercise, coupon and keep the house clean. He says, is that it? I say that’s perfectly enough for me. It’s like suddenly I should take up a new hobby? Nope, I mostly am going to enjoy being lazy for a little while before I consider doing anything else.

Tomorrow I plan on organizing the shit out of my coupons, although since I have more time next week I might not be in too big of a hurry, but I definitely have to go to Target, need to hit up Albertsons, probably do a Walgreens trip and maybe Safeway… Just to finish off the deals for this week before Sunday brings on new deals for me.

Also next week happens to be my 31st birthday and my actual birthday happens to be the day Sex and the City 2 opens which I’m pretty dang excited about. And for some odd reason on a random Thursday the 27th my mom has it off and Chris doesn’t have to work and now apparently I don’t have to work so I guess there’s no reason that during the day on Thursday we can’t go see an earlier showing of the movie. It was always my plan to see the movie on my b-day since I really couldn’t think of a more fabulous “gift” for myself.

Now if this weather would just cooperate with me. It’s downright miserable outside right now. Pouring rain. It is depressing and makes me want to snuggle up and eat. Bad weather! I guess my body is leaning towards no exercise, but we will ultimately see. If I go home at 5:30, Chris doesn’t get home until 7:00, and that really is a danger zone with eating for me which is probably why I developed the healthy habit of working out when I get home to begin with. I know I don’t want to eat when I get home because I am already a few extra points high for the day. I did stop for that unplanned Jamba so there is 2 extra points I hadn’t budgeted for. I am feeling the munchies and don’t need to turn my 2 over into 10 over. I am sure I can survive.

I am happy it’s the weekend and even more happy that I get some time off. Yeah!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Oh, you are blogging and I didn't even know!!! I went to your facebook, then decided I'd just check your blog. Yay! I'm glad you're back!! Love hearing your updates and I am dying to know about this couponing!