Monday, May 17, 2010

Puffy Eyes

I feel like I blinked and missed the entire weekend. I am back at work today and I feel like I am just picking right back up where Friday afternoon left off. Funny how that happens. With the exception of being so downright tired that I ALMOST called my bosses and didn’t come to work today. This would be the very first time in a year and a half, almost two years that I would ever have called in sick to work. I have taken days off but they were all pre-arranged ahead of time. I have never once woken up and decided not to go to work. When I worked at the school district I would do it quite often, but then again I actually had sick days so it was more acceptable. I don’t work, I don’t get paid these days and I rather like my financial plan I have worked out which requires getting paid all my money. So there you have the real reason I haven’t ever called in sick to work.

Anyhow, this weekend went by in a blaze and I am going to omit a lot of the nitty gritty, or rather the stuff that is not for sharing. The bottom line is this, Friday after work I went home and I ran. It was one of the first hot days we’ve actually had here in Oregon in a while and my body was not used to that heat. Then put me in a small bedroom with the door shut, with the treadmill going, TV on, one small fan and pretty soon, with all the sweating, bring on heat stroke… Okay, just kidding, but I did realize too late that this was not the brightest plan. When I got off the treadmill I did want to pass out. I did 60 minutes, ran 30 of them, for a total of 5 miles, 635 calories. I showered where I made sure the water was actually cold so that I didn’t pass out in there and hit my head or something stupid. Got ready and headed over to my mom’s where my sister and her boyfriend were. Three of my cousins actually came over, my cousins who are like brothers to me. We hung out for a while. We had bar-b-que dinner. Chicken, bread, vegetables, potatoes, the whole works and it was lovely.

Saturday was a blur. Seriously a blur. There was a distinct lack of sleep Friday night which made my Saturday one tired groggy blur. My other sister and her husband from down south came up with their kiddos and somehow by the afternoon I was hanging out with the kids, playing. They dropped off their kids and headed up to visit my brother in laws family while my mom babysat for the night. I adore those kids. They are perfect. While, they are children and therefore by nature not perfect, but I love them anyway. I was just exhausted the whole time. Saturday was not perfect eating wise, but it wasn’t horrible either. I did have some Panda Express where I chose the healthiest possible option of mixed veggies, mushroom chicken and veggie spring rolls. I snacked on cereal straight out of the box which is always a down fall for me. At least it was corn flakes, which are relatively okay for you. Nothing frosted or sugared. I didn’t measure as my hand just went into the box for scoops. I counted it as 4 points (2 cups worth at 110 calories per cup). There was no exercise as it proved hard enough to just keep my eyes open.

Sunday was yet another cousins wedding shower at my mom’s house. The morning was spent cleaning up and preparing foods, and getting ready. I tried very consciously to not indulge in foods. As my mom is on weight watchers with me the food choices selected were veggie and fruit platters so not bad. The thing is, I like fruit quite a lot, and it does have calories. But honestly, snacking on berries and watermelon just isn’t that horrible of a thing. I avoided the punch that had calories and instead drank zero calorie flavored fresca soda. I did eat lots of fruit. Then for the “cake” we had angel food cake with low fat whipped cream and berries. Not too bad of choices either. I just had the one piece and it was mighty good. Again no exercise.

Hanging out with my family can prove to be difficult on the eating front as after the exhausting day my sisters wanted pizza. I love pizza. I mean who doesn’t love pizza? I went with my sister to pick up the pizza. (We headed to Walgreens first to get a couple deals for the day that we didn’t get to do in the AM) Sunday is usually my serious couponing/shopping day. Anyhow, I had to go into the pizza place with her and it smelled delicious. On the car ride back with pizza smelling up the car, I was like you had to take the WW girl with you on your pizza run :) But honestly it was fine.

We came back home and I did have a piece of pizza. One small piece of pepperoni and mushroom pizza. It was what it was and it was really good. But I only had one small piece so you know, not too bad.

Again with the tired so I didn’t exercise. Weekends are hard on the exercise front, especially weekends with so much family around. It just usually doesn’t happen. That is part of life and that is fine. But I am still exhausted. The weekend was non-existent. The house is a mess, clothes need to be put way, rugs need vacuumed, etc. But I also REALLY need to exercise tonight. I also totally want to sleep for days, but hopefully soon I will start to wake up some.

I can’t believe its Monday already and I seriously feel like the weekend didn’t happen. I closed my eyes and suddenly its Monday. I have no idea what the scale is going to do. With that said, its not as if I haven’t been scale hopping, I have, but if you don’t remember the last numbers and you aren’t sure what the actual number is compared to the weight watchers numbers and if it depends on the time of the day and clothed vs. Naked then all the numbers are really pointless. That is about where I’m at. I have no idea what the number is as I have seen so many different numbers and sometimes my scale gives me a really bizarre number depending on where I place it on the bathroom floor, floors must be uneven or something, as it can read 10 pounds different depending on placement. There really is no way to judge accuracy. Therefore, tomorrow evenings weigh-in will almost be a blind weigh-in as well. However, I am guessing somewhere between 2-3 pounds. Given the lack of motivation and energy the past couple days I am sure that is fine. I do plan on having a good day today with everything, so maybe that will help some.

That’s about all I got for the day. Just want to wake up and find some amount of motivation.

No comments: