Friday, May 14, 2010

I Shall Believe

I feel like the last couple days my heart hasn’t been 100% invested in this weight watchers thing. Sure, I’ve been doing fine point wise, but I don’t think I’ve been eating the healthiest foods in general. I can feel it. My body knows that I’ve been slacking. Tuesday night I had a great run. Then Wednesday my body started stressing out on me and Wednesday night I managed an okay run… I did do 5 miles, not all running, only about ½ running. Whatever it was fine. But then yesterday I woke up not feeling all that well and I had zero energy all day. I am thinking probably a combination of lack of good food choices, lack of good sleep, and too much stress on the system. I was just beat last night and all I could manage to do was walk for 30 minutes, 2 miles, 200 calories burned. Less than impressive. But at least I did something, right?

My body is really craving a great weight watchers day. Probably as much for my physical well being as my mental well being. I need something to be proud of. I need a good day to log in the old memory bank to go, oh yeah, you can and are successful at this. Like I said, I have not gone over my daily points, I have exercised some, so yeah its all fine, its just the quality isn’t there and the stress level has increased the past couple days.

Here’s an interesting thing to note…. I have spent the last year of my life eating my stress to the point of an extra 50 pounds…. Yeah, there’s your first clue that things are really not right in the world of Emily. 50 extra pounds…. You can probably make an educated guess as to what my actually number is but that’s really not the point. In one year, I ATE every negative thought and feeling and walked away 50 pounds heavier which made my brain feel 50 pounds worse. I would hate my body in the mirror, hate what I’ve done to myself, cry, and then promptly eat more. I felt helpless yet again. Worse than all that I have retreated from society pretty much fully. When I weigh an extra 50 pounds I do not want to be out in the world. I judge myself too harshly.

Anyhow, back to my point. My point is the last week and half I haven’t been able to eat my stress because I simply won’t allow it now. Do you know how my stress has decided to manifest itself? First, one day this week I bit my upper lip, kept biting it all day to the point that by the end of the day it was swollen and puffy. Nice.

Secondly, for the past month I think I’ve developed a stress eye twitch. It has dramatically increased the last week and a half. I can’t eat my feelings so my body is twitching my eye. Nice. I think basically I am stressed and I just need to badly to complete a really good sweaty solid run to pump up my spirits and release some of my extra tension. I was just too tired and defeated last night to even attempt it. Maybe tonight? I say maybe because my youngest sister and her boyfriend are coming. She lives 4 hours away and she is coming to stay with my mom for the weekend. Her boyfriend just got back from a year of duty in Iraq. Yup, he’s a soldier. Anyway, he’s a great guy so it would be nice to go see them. Even if my body is really craving a solid blood pumping run. Of course I am craving that this minute, but we will see in 7 hours how I really feel. That’s a long time from now actually.

I heard Jillian say it on The Biggest Loser and I know it’s true, our bodies don’t perform well when we are under stress. The scale is not kind to stress. So on top of all the drama, which really never does seem to leave my life, I will have to endure whatever the consequence is on the scale for all this drama. And maybe I’ll even have a lovely eye twitch to go with it :)

Anyhow, I am determined to make today about better choices. I am a smart educated almost 31 year old. Wow, my birthday is now less than 2 weeks away. I am going to be freaking 31 years old. I am not married. I am fat. While I have made tons of positive strides this last year, I still feel like I have a long way to go to finding my happiness again. I am sure I will, I am sure the waters will be quite mucky but I think I can. I am strong and capable. I can do this. I need to remove the negative influences in my life. I need to clear my space to only allow positive happy thoughts to get in. I need to run. I need to run, not away from my problems, but towards them. I need to battle and conquer my demons once and for all. I’m getting to old for this shit. I deserve to be happy, healthy, and the best possible version of myself.

I CAN do this.

I want to look in the mirror and smile again. I want to be able to run my hands over my body and not want to puke. I want to get rid of the gut. Ugh, the spare tire is exactly where all the fat goes for me. I am sure I can manage thru this weekend just fine, I just want to eat healthy foods and exercise. Is that too much to ask? We will see.

“Not everything is going to be the way you think it ought to be” – Cheryl Crowe, I Shall Believe

2 comments:

Pg_Ro said...

I have an eye twitch as well. It developed even before I started anti-depressants, so I can't blame the drugs. I think mine is also due to stress and me trying to deal with the things I've buried so long.

Good luck this weekend, and I hope you get that good day you are looking for.

MrsS said...

LOL, i had an eye twitch while planning my wedding...yes all due to stress. I went to the doctor since it just never stopped. Needless to say, the day of my wedding the twitching stopped! Stress plays mean tricks on our body.

Try not to be so hard on yourself when it comes to exercise. You love to exercise and that is great, so if you get in at least 1/2 hour each day then be happy about achieving movement!! Don't push yourself so hard, it's sort of all new again. You will get there!!