Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Natural Oil



 I have seriously been dying so much with my allergies and quite honestly looking for any relief I can get, I have decided to try natural oils. Yes, this girl is going hippie granola natural on your ass. I bought into the doTERRA oil trend and got lavender, lemon and peppermint oils. Supposedly when taken together they are the most natural allergy fighter there is.  Something about being known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy inflammatory response when combined together. This is their literature saying that.  But we shall see. At this point, in all of my desperation, I am willing to try anything. Medicines just aren’t cutting it for me anymore and I am dying! So hopefully with any luck in a few days my oils will arrive and I will be able to asses this emerging trend of going hippie!  Honestly, it’s not a new concept by any means, haven’t people been taking natural oils for years? Worst case scenario I’m out like $25.00. Best case scenario it is a miracle and worth its weight in gold.  Anyone have any great wonderful experiences with oils?  Perhaps someone out there will be able to tell me it is the miracle I am praying for.

My body is just working so stinking hard to fight off these allergies that it is draining me of any desire or motivation or ability really to do much else. I don’t recall them being as bad last year by any means. From what local peeps are telling me, this is a particularly bad year for them. OH JOY!  Honestly this leaves me beyond scared for this weekend and all that fun outdoor activity time. The things we do to ourselves.

I rested last night, I ate too much. I think my body’s excessive fighting off of unnatural forces is causing me to want to eat more to stay on top of it. I honestly feel like I am just plain hungry, despite eating healthy foods. I guess this is my body’s way of simply trying to repair itself.  I didn’t get as much sleep as I might have liked. I did catch up on a lot of TV last night, which was nice. Cleared out a lot on the old DVR box. Did an episode of the Bachelorette, did the first 2 episodes of So you Think You Can Dance and then did MTV’s Awkward and Faking It.  Then I watched Storage Wars and then some American Pickers. Yes, I have quite eclectic taste. I can easily swing from reality and cheesy teen drama to history.  But boy I felt like I made a dent in my viewing and I like that!  I needed that. 

Still exhausted today though. Sucky :(  I was really hoping that I would feel a crazy burst of energy today, which is just not happening. I really do have to get my shit together though because at 5:30 tonight I have personal training which whether I like it or feel it or not, I have to work hard and get my ass kicked in all directions. That’s like 4 ½ hours until I need to be at my most effective. Seems IMPOSSIBLE at the moment.   I need to take some Advil or something, as I feel hot and achy. Clearly refusing to admit any sort of defeat. I shall push on and do the best I can with what I have.

This week is DRAGGING. It certainly feels later in the week than a Wednesday. It’s got to be at least Thursday right?  Of course that could have something to do with having a short 4 day week last week. Makes this next one seem excessively long. Boo. Of course next week it’s only a 4 day week for me as well as I have to go to Seattle on Friday. So just get thru this week and then it’s another 4 day for me.

I have a very busy weekend and therefore simply do not have any time to be sick. There, I said it. I simply cannot be any kind of sick because I have too much to do. That’s my official word on the topic and I’m sticking to it. I do not have a rock star on me at work, which is quite honestly a cardinal error. I am so craving it that I might just leave work here soon and go to the convenience store just to grab one. I think my veins might just be pumped full of Rock star. True story.

So yeah, thru the magic of time and space, this paragraph is brought to you a half hour later than the last paragraph.  I did in fact, grab my keys, put my sunglasses on and head to the nearest Plaid Pantry. I have returned with a Rockstar Pure Zero in hand. (actually 2 in hand). And instantly I feel better. It is a very mental thing I am certain but it tastes so good. Try as I might few things in my life come close to replacing the need I have for an energy drink.  I digress, energy drink in my system, I feel better. It doesn’t do anything for the allergies, but at least it gives me a little pick me up. I’d certainly say energy drinks are my vice. I don’t drink coffee, but I can only equate a coffee addiction to that of my energy drinks.  Or vice versa.

While I may not be feeling it right now I am sure that once I get into it and start lifting at the gym I will be fine and ready to go and I guarantee afterwards I will feel great and accomplished. I always do.

Random thought… I wish I could pull off a maxi dress. I am short. Like 5 foot 2 and a half inches, rounded up to 5 foot 3 inches of course, but the reality is, I’m short. Maxi dress’s tend to make me look shorter than I even am, but I am currently obsessed with a couple most gorgeous long fabulous flowing maxi dresses that I would love to wear. Hmm…. Maybe if I get them and when they are inevitably too long, I can crop them down a little and have my excellent seamstress mother shorten them to an appropriate length that doesn’t make me look even shorter than I am. But they are so stinking cute….

Anyway, guess that’s about all I have for the day. Not that any of this was so profound. It was all mindless dribble but whatever.  The day is more than half over and that means the week is now officially on the back half. Thank goodness for that. Onwards and upwards I say. Bring on an awesome half marathon weekend!

2 comments:

Pg_Ro said...

I signed up for Doterra last year after being sick for 4 weeks straight. Not sure I am as big of a convert as some, but I like the idea of them:) Hope they work for you!

I am a fan of the Deep Blue oils and creams for sore muscles, and the On Guard stuff for fighting off germs.

I hear you on the maxi dress and not feeling like I can pull off because of my height, I did get a maxi skirt in the Petite Section at the Ann Taylor Factory stores that I really like. Maybe not the most flattering on me, but super comfortable:)

Hope you feel better.

Brianna said...

I am 5'3" and find that a wedge is key to making a maxi work. :)