Friday, June 6, 2014

10 afternoon truths



These are the things I know to be true this minute, this afternoon.

  1. As I sit with my office door open on this beautiful day I can’t stop sneezing and thus my throat is starting to get the familiar scratchy throb. Allergies suck! (But it’s too beautiful to close the door!)
  2. I broke a nail. I have fake nails and one of the tips of one of the nails broke off somehow between last night and this morning. I noticed it this morning but I have no idea how it occurred. That sucks. I hate it when that happens!
  3.   My legs hurt so freaking bad that I am seriously in pain every time I try to sit down or stand up. I find myself saying ouch a lot. Along with a few other choice words. It is pain. First time in a long time my legs hurt this bad, enough to have me slightly worried about running 6.2 miles tomorrow morning.
  4. I want the day to be over with already. Yes, I already posted today. Yes, this is all nonsense and dribble, but boy are Friday afternoon’s long and drawn out. The aforementioned sun is just making me want to be done with work all the more. Plus I’m not really doing much but screwing around online so I keep staring at the clock… 5 O’clock yet, nope. How about now, Nope.
  5. I feel like an alien. My shoulders got burned in San Diego because of the unfortunate reality of walking around LEGOLAND with exposed shoulders. For the past two day they have been peeling away to revel fresh red skin underneath the rest of my upper body that is quite a lovely shade of  brown, consequently I am a freaking mutant! If only they didn’t peel and my whole upper body had this gorgeous glow to it. Oh well.
  6. Part of me does not want to go to the gym this afternoon while part of me is really excited. I am not sure which part is going to win out. I mean, I could totally go home and do nothing but the problem with that is I would eat. And I don’t need to just go home and eat. I’d feel a thousand times better if I just went to the gym and did something for at least 45 minutes. As I am sitting her already in my workout clothes (see aforementioned #4 above, ready for day’s end I already changed) so I am guessing the workout is going to win out this evening. 
  7.  Is it 5 O’clock yet?  Nope.
  8.  The night before last my boss sent me an email question pertaining to something about work at like 10 PM, I responded back, he responded back and then he said, you know you don’t have to answer my emails this late at night. Sorry. I responded back its fine, I’m just sitting here watching TV on my iPad. He responded back, yeah, me too. I work for good guys. I really like them and don’t mind answering easy emails at 10 PM on occasion.
  9.  Also, I feel blessed that my work has no dress code at all. Most of the time I change into my workout clothes at like 4 PM, therefore most every single employee, including all my bosses have seen me in my workout clothes all the time. Casual work environments rock!
  10. I completely whole heartedly 1000% love Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt. Specifically the vanilla and pomegranate flavors. They are my favorite go-to snack and just taste amazing.

5 o’clock yet?  Nope.  But at least that killed a good 15 minutes.

No comments: