Friday, April 11, 2014

Sun Smiles

Ah Friday, what a beautiful day…. The sun is shining, I have a fun weekend ahead of me and I am in a good mood. I am sore. My upper body feels like it got ran over by a train, which I’m guessing is the direct result of intense Wednesday night personal training and weight lifting. For some strange reason it feels kind of good too at the same time. Tonight I am meeting Amanda at the gym at 5 for an intense back workout. It’s nearly impossible to completely 100% isolate a certain muscle without working some of the others. Yes, it will be back focused but no way to lift things without using your arms, period. I will push on thru. Secretly part of me just loves this. Part of me hates it though to.

Its girl date night at the gym. We did the same thing last Friday night and I have to admit that I really loved it. It’s one of those things that you kind of dread doing but feel amazing afterwards. I always remember how much I love working out next to Amanda when I do it. Beforehand I get scared to death probably because I know I will be forced to work hard which I guess is the whole point anyway.

Doesn’t matter, put in the hard work tonight so I can go play tomorrow in the city. And of course Sunday morning a nice 10k run around Portland to. I am truly sick and twisted that I am so excited about a weekend that involves waking up early to go be physically active and run. Sad that this is considered my “rest/break” from the gym or working out.

I am just in such a good happy mood today, it’s hard to beat a Friday isn’t it? When the sun shines like this the smile is just near impossible to get off my face. One wonders then how we manage thru the long winters which seem not nearly as long as what so many of my friends around the country experience. I should count my blessings that Oregon isn’t that terrible weather wise. Lots of rain though. But not today. Today is gorgeous beyond compare. Perfect spring weather. You know its spring when I break out the TOMS. So thankful its TOMS season again. Yes, I love me some gorgeous comfortable wedge shoes.

I am just overall one happy girl which is so nice. Sometimes I feel guilty that I am this happy, that it hardly seems fair because I know not everyone gets to be happy. Hell, I am not usually this happy either so I guess I should just embrace it and enjoy it while it lasts.

Speaking of unpleasantries, my sister is going to hire her divorce lawyer next week. Well, she already met with him and is going to pay the retainer next Monday to start the official ball rolling. Boy has there been some messed up stuff the past month or so, but what one would probably expect when two grown adults try and separate their lives after 20 years together and 13 years of marriage and 2 children and retirements and pensions and money and now trying to support 2 households. A lot of mixed emotions from everyone involved. I get so mad at him sometimes, but then part of me still loves him like a brother, because let’s face it, he’s been like a brother for 20 years. I was 14 when I met the guy, and he’s been there thru all of life’s ups and downs for 20 years, it’s hard to fully hate him. I hate a lot of what he has done, but I don’t hate him.

At the end of the day, I want him to be happy, and as I told my sister yesterday, I truly hope he finds peace and happiness, just not at the expense of my sister and the kids. They are my number 1 priority and then after them, and when their needs are met, then I hope he can find his sense of whatever it is he has been searching for. Midlife crisis, expect like 1/3 life crisis. Whatever. Anyway, like I said, mixed emotions on my part. The kids will always love him because he is their father and I completely respect that. Would never do or say anything to hurt those babies. But in all honesty, my sister sounds the best I’ve heard her in years. So what does that tell you about the state of the marriage she has been living in the past couple years? I’m not saying it’s not rough, but honestly she truly sounds happier today than she has in forever. I think this is going to be a really good thing all around for everyone. Eventually.

Just a couple more hours of work to go and then off to the gym and then I get to get up and start another exciting awesome weekend. So looking forward to my adventure race tomorrow. I’m a little nervous too, because ultimately I am not the best navigator, but it’s all for fun so I shouldn’t stress to much about it. It will be what it will be.

I sure hope everyone enjoy’s there weekends and gets a chance to smile about something!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous weekend it is going to be! I am beyond excited about a weekend that is actually going to HOT!

You're so intense about your exercise. I love it! Hopefully I will learn to love it as much as you one day.

Good luck in the race tomorrow!

JessiferSeabs said...

Em, not to be all big sister on you, but i would seriously consider deleting that info about your sisters marriage and divorce. You have no idea who might stumble upon this - including their children once they are old enough to be online. Similarly, your post last week about the legal action at work - you don't want to attach that to your name. I there is a lawsuit pending, the attorneys will comb through ever inch of the internet looking for evidence and information, and my guess is that your employer wouldn't like that being out there.

Just some helpful advice...