Thursday, May 24, 2012

And so it begins

7.8…

Yes, you read that right…. 7.8 freaking pounds. That is how much I lost this week. I have NEVER lost that much in a week, EVER. Of course I had never gotten on a scale without giving it any thought like I did last week. When I weighed in last Thursday I am sure I had just drank a bunch of liquid and since I didn’t have any idea I’d be weighing in, last weeks number was probably a little inflated, but who cares… I’ll definitely take a 7.8 pound loss. I earned that this week. Well, honestly I don’t feel like I worked as hard as I could have so I am thrilled actually with that number. I was hoping for 5. I would have been happy with a 5. I am blown away by 7.8.

I did run last night, run 35 minutes, walked 35 minutes. Not all in a row of course. I broke it up. Intervals and I felt amazing afterwards. Of course it is still much harder than I’d like it to be. Much harder than I remember it being. I used to glide thru runs. It’s a struggle, but obviously worth it. I will get better at it. It WILL get easier. Right now I am just happy with the loss for the week.

I can also say that I am thrilled that I didn’t once all week get on a scale. Thus that number was a true shock. It was incredibly nice to not obsessively weigh myself. It was nice to just wait and see, because no matter what I did all week, the results would have been the same. I paid for the monthly pass so that I am forced to go back. So for now I am just going to take it one day at a time. That’s all I can do. Had myself a subway sandwich as my reward after weigh-in. I weighed in at lunch time. I have some couponing to do after work and then I will probably try and run again tonight, since tomorrow I will have to take off to go to dinner for Chris’s birthday.

Overall, I am very happy today. I am tired. I slept like crap last night, but I am happy right now and I’ll take it.

No comments: