Saturday, May 19, 2012

Success

Success… well at least ½ a day of success is what I can honestly report. I have had a fabulous Saturday thus far. I managed to steer clear of the food demons that have spent the last 14 months consuming me and today I got on the treadmill. Yes, I lugged my huge body on the treadmill and boy was it work. I remember being on that thing and gliding, it really is so much easier to run/walk when you weigh less. It’s hard. No wonder my body is tired all time, I guess I didn’t realize how much extra weight I was actually carrying around. You feel every pound of it on the treadmill. Despite all that, I persevered.

I started the treadmill up and put the machine at a 4.0 miles per hour. I remember running at 6.5 once upon a time. I really need to throw my old demons out the window because what was once is no longer. Anyhow, 4.0 and it was between the cusp of walking so fast that my little legs just find it easier to run. So I ran, and I got tired. I pushed thru and managed to run for 15 minutes. I ran one complete mile before finally taking the treadmill down to a 3.5 to walk. I walked 5 minutes, then ran 5 more at which point my body knew that was all it was going to take for the day, of running at least. I was watching the newest Revenge from Wednesday night so I was thoroughly entertained and therefore distracted enough to take the treadmill to a nice 3.2 pace and finish out an entire hour of walking. Meaning overall I did 40 minutes of walking and 20 minutes of running. That is a HUGE success. Mostly fueled by the knowledge that I KNOW I can do it. My body is capable of a lot and therefore I made it do more than I probably would have ever attempted if I didn’t have full knowledge of what I used to be able to do.

My body was mush afterwards. My legs were mush and I will probably be sore, but I feel like I did something, albeit however little it really was, at least I did something. I managed something significant today and I am happy for that.

Aside from my hour long walk and healthy food choices I even managed to do some couponing this morning, so I’d say fairly balanced life in check. I have forgotten how much happier I really am when I have purpose. When I know I am making good choices. My body is definitely detoxing. Letting go of the crap food. Trying to come down from my sugar high I suppose. Today is day 3 and I am starting to feel better. Physically that is. Yes, I feel like I am carrying around so much extra weight than is necessary and suddenly I’m painfully aware of how much I want it gone. But I know that is going to take time. I’ll get there.

I am going to make stuffed bell peppers for dinner. I have ground turkey thawing and I bought some gorgeous looking peppers today at the grocery store. I am excited because they are quite delicious and healthy.

I am tired now. Go figure. I just finished my banana and am thinking I am going to go shower up and see where the rest of the day takes me.

No comments: