Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Same old, Same old

Yesterday was a super busy day for me. I had a million things to do and didn’t realize I hadn’t posted until about 4:30 PM… as I leave at 5 I just didn’t have time. Oh well, such is life. Not that I had anything to important to say. I most certainly did not. I still don’t, but I guess that doesn’t stop me from rambling.

The past few days have been very good on the food front. The exercise front is proving more challenging. I did run on Monday night, run/walk… anyway. I upped my stats a smidge and I felt good happy and alive. I didn’t run/walk yesterday, so of course the plan is to do it again today. As far as exercise goes, 3 times in a week is rather lack luster for me, but I have to admit it’s much harder with all these extra pounds on my body. Not nearly as much FUN to exercise. Guess it’s not supposed to be fun.

It’s really okay, because I will have a weigh-in tomorrow and I sure hope I see a good number and that it will motivate me somehow. I have to admit starting Friday this weekend is going to be a MAJOR challenge for me and I’m not looking forward to it. Friday is Chris’s birthday and we are going out to dinner with his dad and grandpa. And then Sunday is my birthday. I really don’t want to do anything special at all for it. I honestly kind of hate birthdays. It’s not my thing. I don’t like being any center of attention at all. I much prefer Christmas which is about sharing and celebrating a day with EVERYONE. It’s special for everyone. I don’t like being singled out at all. I don’t like the whole look at me thing. I rather wish I could skate by without it being acknowledged but I’m not sure that will happen.

Anyway, it’s going to be difficult and of course with my family coming into town (my niece and nephew) they aren’t coming for my birthday, they are coming because its Memorial Day weekend and they have an extra day off.

Alas, next week equals challenge. Fortunately weigh-in day is Thursday and therefore hopefully I will be able to get thru the weekend and be able to salvage the next couple days after that.

Overall I feel pretty good these days. I have to say after 6 days of eating well my body feels much better. I honestly do feel a difference. The cravings for crap food are less and that is good. Generally my mood is improving and no matter what the scale says I know I am making happy strides in the right direction.

Whoo hoo… I ordered a few new work out clothes from Victoria Secret and some weight watchers cookies or at least low enough point values for me cookies and they are both scheduled for delivery tomorrow… That is exciting since I wasn’t expecting them until next week. Tomorrow should be a good day it seems. Something to look forward to.

I’ve been doing a lot of couponing lately and it seems to distract me from focusing all of my energy and obsessing on food and weight, and I like that. I like having a distraction. I like having two things that pull my attention equally so that I don’t seem to be over focusing on either one. That’s healthy. I am not sure I mentioned this, but I coupon to make money. It’s my second job. Not only do I make money at the store, (store money), or rebate money, but my product I sell at garage sales. Of course I keep the product we use and want, but anything extra gets sold at garage sales. I do quite well and that is why I coupon. I coupon for myself, my family and my future. I coupon to subsidize my income. I coupon so I don’t have to spend as much of my life worrying about money. Of course I still worry about money, but at least it’s not as bad as it could be.

I will head out and pick up more stuff this afternoon on my lunch break. Our work post office is right next door to Rite-Aid and I stop in there a lot for stuff. It’s easy and they are super friendly.

Anyway, I feel pretty good today and I’ll take it.

I’m off….

No comments: