Monday, May 21, 2012

Less than Chatty

I am not feeling particularly chatty today, but I will write anyway. I had a busy Sunday. Sunday is always my coupon day. New ads, new deals, etc. Basically I do a bunch of shopping and then by the time the evening hits I am worn out and thus did not feel like expending any energy to exercise. Plus my legs were a little sore so I just decided to not do it yesterday. I am okay with that.

Today has been incredibly busy for me and I feel like I am only now having a single moment to breath. After work I have to stop at Rite-Aid for a little more shopping. This is my life. I shop a lot. It’s a second job really. Honestly it is. Anyhow, my favorite checker at the Rite-Aid works Monday nights so I have to take advantage of that and head in. Honestly it will probably take me an hour and I’m not sure how I’m going to feel afterwards heading home and wanting to exercise. This has always been my struggle. I don’t exercise unless I do it immediately following work. I lose steam otherwise, but its equally as important to me to coupon. So Couponing wins tonight, but I am REALLY hoping that I can still get myself on the treadmill after I get home with my purchases. We will see.

Despite not exercising yesterday it was still a rather good day eating wise. I mean, its only been a couple days so I have new diet high, which will wear off I am certain. I haven’t weighed myself as I have no concept of what the number might be on my own personal scale. I just saw that horrid number on a weight watchers scale last Thursday and have no point of reference. For the time being I like that. I don’t have to play mind games with myself and the scale. I can simply focus on eating good and not worrying how the scale looks day by day.

I know this is going to be a LONG journey and while I know I’ve made smart decisions since last Thursday I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a smidge freaked out about what the scale will do on Thursday. And Yes, I do intend to go back and officially weigh-in. It is the thought that has kept me on track the last 4 days really.

I am still doing good, plugging along and that’s all that really matters. So long as I continue to make healthy choices things should fall into place all by themselves. I do know I need to exercise more to see any kind of results and I will. I just need to figure out how to slowly reintroduce my body to it and put it back into my schedule. It is a challenge.

On the plus side my food choices are no longer making me want to vomit every day. Yes, Mcdonalds really fucks with your system. Shocking…  But on the down side I am still feeling pretty tired most of the time. Like I need a shot of something to perk me up. But alas at this time of the day I ALWAYS feel that way. Hopefully I can get in and get out of Rite Aid this evening quickly and still manage a run/walk on the treadmill. Even ½ an hour would be good. We shall see.

In other news Oregon weather sucks. Its raining yet again. I know, what else is Oregon known for? But seriously its then end of May, and it was beautiful last week and now its rain… supposed to rain all week actually. That is DEPRESSING. It really does affect my mood. I want the sun back. And on that note, this rather pointless post shall come to a close. Hopefully tomorrow I will have found some more spunk and have more lively conversation.

No comments: