Monday, October 12, 2015

The return of normalcy



So boy was I off my game last week. I suppose some times are like that. I can honestly say I feel 100% better today. Clearly there was a severe imbalance in the old hormones of my brain. I knew I was off but sometimes there isn’t much you can do about it but just wait it out.  And somehow it did finally subside.  Thank GOODNESS. Last Thursday was pretty downright shitty for me. I went to the gym anyway and actually  did a decent workout.  Which always helps me feel better. But somewhere during lunging across the gym I noticed my left IT band on my leg was hurting. Like in a pain kind of way. This was my obvious clue to take some rest.

I realized mostly that I need more rest.  At least after the heavy amount of work I’ve put myself thru lately. So after a great workout Thursday night, I had plans Friday night to go to a yoga workout with Amanda. Yes, we headed to a yoga party. Black lights, Beatles music, full on yoga session.  I am not a yoga girl at all. But this yoga session was actually brutal. Somewhere during the 1 hour 15 minute session I could feel sweat dripping off of me. I have never sweated during yoga before.  But alas, this was intense yoga.  And it felt great.  And I stretched obviously. And both Amanda and I agreed that we needed more yoga in our lives.  Forced stretching.  So we are going to try and find some place local to do Friday night yoga on occasion.  I think it’d be great for both of us. 

I did not have any plans for the weekend.  What ended up happening was 2 days of doing crap around the house with Chris.  Stuff we’ve honestly been putting off and avoiding for centuries it seems.  It was all good, necessary stuff.  And while I had every single intention of exercising or rather running during the 48 hours, it never actually happened.  And at some point I called it good enough because well, I knew my body was thriving on the rest.  My legs started to feel better.  No more pain.  My quads felt normal again. My whole body felt like it was returning to a level of normalcy and I decided that the rest was probably as important as the run.  Especially since I fully intend to kill it this week at the gym and I have a fabulous half marathon this weekend. I say fabulous because it’s one I ran last year and loved. I’m quite looking forward to it honestly.  So clearly taking a couple days off was probably one of the best things I could actually do for myself.  Let my body repair.

Consequently today I do feel refreshed and ready to work hard and run.  I am definitely ready for a good run. I totally feel it. I feel the need to run free.  But overall I think this peaceful weekend was exactly what the doctor ordered.  Plus I feel really good about how orderly everything is in my house.  Always a plus.  Things are doing really well mostly and I’m happy for that.  I am mostly just happy to be out of the mind fog I was in last week. It was really sad honestly.  I appreciate the happy feelings I’m having again today.  Yeah!

I don’t have too much else to say honestly but felt it important to point out that I feel crazy better than I did last week. Don’t like to leave people hanging on such a negative note.  This is why I am real. This is how I can really appreciate the good times, because I do have struggles.  I am a real person who occasionally loses my shit for no good reason.

There.  All better today!

1 comment:

foolsfitness said...

I think it's awesome how you are earnestly trying to struggle with things and willing to share too. I just posted a reply to your marathon post a few of your posts ago and I guess sort of said this but I appreciate you sharing the journey.