Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nothing but Consistent



True to my recent trend, I have become quite consistent with the weight loss, another 1.5 pounds this week. Last four weeks look like this; 1.7, 1.6, 1.7, 1.5.  I’d call that pretty close to as consistent as you can get. If you add all those numbers up that equals 6.5 pounds exactly. So yes, in 4 weeks I have lost 6.5 pounds.  This is a very healthy average consistent weight loss. This is also probably about on par with the amount of effort I’ve been putting out. Wait, my physical effort I feel like I might have bumped up a notch, but it’s pretty consistent with the foods I’ve been eating and that really is where all weight loss comes from. I typically do have a few indulgent meals during a week so honestly this trend is beautiful to me. Yup, beautiful.

I say beautiful because honestly this week I was REALLY worried about my food choices. I had 2 days where I just ate way more than I should have, and then I had a greasy, fatty, alcoholic beverage consuming dinner out and then some extra odd choices. I’m glad to put this week behind me and glad for my 1.5 pound loss. Fantastic! I have 6 more weigh in’s before my October 5 goal of San Jose and my 2 year weight loss anniversary. Today the scale said 153 pounds. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to San Jose weighing 145 pounds. This is a great happy number for me. This is 8 pounds in 6 weeks. I hope this is obtainable. On paper it’s obtainable, but there is a lot we don’t understand about our bodies that can occur in 6 weeks’ time. Either way, it’s exciting to me to even be thinking about a number of 145 again. I had honestly been hovering way to close to 160 pounds for way to long and that is a scary, I have to stop this boat and turn it around pronto kind of number for me. With the 160 comes guilt and frustration and clothes not fitting and PANIC. Panic that I was going back to my old ways.

4 weeks later and I’m so happy to have found my control again and yup 153 is a much better, more comfortable number on the scale for me. It’s a slow process but it’s moving exactly how it should, in the direction that I want. FINALLY. And I love and adore all my pretty muscles too boot.

Last night, during personal training, I was slightly sitting up/slightly lying back on a work bench doing single arm chest presses. One arm was pushing a 15 pound weight up over and over while the other arm was placed on my side for balance and support and while I looked into the mirror in front of me I actually thought, “HOLY SHIT, you look like a strong muscular girl! Your upper body is buff!” I don’t often have these moments where I compliment myself; mostly it seems vain, but a moment here or there is okay I suppose.  I have never and will never be a dainty stick of a girl. It is not in my DNA. I can however embrace what is awesome about my body and that is my strength. My body is strong and has the ability to grow. For good or bad, it constantly wants to be growing. It’s just learning how to channel that growth in the positive direction.

I’m going to the gym tonight. I don’t have any classes planned, I’ll just be on my own, but I’m thinking I should at least run a 5k and then part of me is seriously thinking I should try and do some legs. I am taking tomorrow off from exercise and then Saturday morning I am getting up and running a 10k bright and early at 7AM. Yes, sometimes I am crazy. Like waking up EARLY to run 6.2 miles at 7 O’clock in the morning on a Saturday.  That means I will be done at like 8 or 8:30 and back home by no later than 9:30 I am sure. I have zero plans for my Saturday after that. REALLY not sure.

With all that said, just got to get thru tonight at the gym and then I get a break, yeah! This is my 6th day in a row of working out so I’m slightly ready for the break tomorrow. But I don’t need to jump ahead of myself, still got one more good sweat session to get thru tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

6.5 lbs in 4 weeks is really great work. Especially for someone as tiny as you (you probably don't think you are, but you are) :) It's easy to lose that weight at the beginning, but much harder later on.

You're right. Weight loss is all about the food... much to my dismay.

I'm so proud of you for turning your weight loss back around before it gets out of control!

If you keep doing what you are doing, you are going to be a fox in San Jose!