Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Baby Bella


Well, sometimes life throws you for a few curveballs. Yesterday I pretty much had my evening laid out and then suddenly, life happens and everything changes. I left work at 2:30, picked up my sister who is here all week visiting, and we got in the car to drive over 2 hours to meet a guy half way between our locations, to buy a new puppy to add to my family.  So this is my Bella.








She is EXACTLY what we have been looking for. She is ½ Pug and ½ Boston terrier, she is a new baby, on Friday she will be 8 weeks old and she is a cute happy little girl. The guy selling her posted the photos the night before late, when I checked yesterday morning for dogs in the area she popped up. Of course she was actually about 4 ½ hours away geographically in Eastern Washington. I texted the guy and asked if he could hold her until Friday when Chris had the day off to drive and get her but he was resistant. Said he had lots of people interested today wanting to come get her and offered to pay OVER asking price. In all fairness his asking price was ridiculously low. I have been searching for this type of dog, a BUGG as they are called for a few weeks to a month now. They are generally $1,000 each because of the designer-ness of this dog. He wanted $75 for her. He said people were offering $100. I said, I’ll pay $100. Wait, I said I’d PayPal you $75 right now and then give you $75 cash on Friday. He wanted her sold yesterday.

He asked if he could drive and meet in the middle yesterday if I could do that. I said I guess, but how far was he willing to go? Of course after price negotiating for gas, etc., we settled on The Dalles Oregon which was about 2 to 2 ½ hours away for both of us and I agreed to pay him $275 for the little girl and his travel. The way I see it, I came out ridiculously ahead, because I have been looking at expensive dogs. Sometimes when something is meant to be, it’s meant to be. I’ve had the name Bella picked out for a couple months now. That is how you know you are probably ready for another dog. She is a puppy. She sleeps, and then she plays and chews, and then sleeps. She is going to be so much work honestly. I’m so used to my Molly dog who is 7 and perfect and so well behaved and trained perfectly. She is an awesome dog. I am sure Bella will get there in time. But thus begins the name training, trying to get her to come to her name, the potty training, the constant watching so that she doesn’t chew up items or electrical cords. Oh puppies, so cute and so much work.

Molly is not really a fan at this moment in time. She is being nice and respectful but mostly wants nothing to do with her. She has not been mean at all, but just goes the other way. Molly snuggles with us on our laps at night on the couch. Bella was up there and Molly just sat on the ground starring at us, pissed off. Yes, I could tell she was pissed off. I kept calling her up into my lap but when Bella came near she jumped off. I know it will take time for them to love each other, but I’m waiting for that day. It’s only been a few hours so I can’t expect instant miracles. The day those two actually have a happy positive interaction I am going to be very happy. For right now my Molly is my number 1 priority, I don’t really know Bella at all yet, but she’s sweet and good natured and that is important. We can train her to go potty outside and come to us and all those other things, but dogs temperament is pretty much set.  So far she seems loveable and snuggly and like a good girl. She is smart enough to not push Molly yet, despite being a puppy and wanting to play, she is giving Molly her space so at least that shows a good sense of intelligence already. I’m impressed.

Poor little girl is going to be crate trained, we have no other choice. I hate locking her up in a crate during the day, but what else can we do? In the end its best for her so that she learns the rules and we have a dog we can trust and run free, like my Molly girl. We got Molly as a very small puppy and she is just perfect, that was all Chris’s hard work. But she’s tiny and adorable. The photos don’t do justice to how small she really is. Can’t be more than like 5-6 pounds. Little love bug.  Chris has Friday off so she’s going into the vet for her checkup and shots and all that good stuff.

Sometimes I wonder why we do this to ourselves, like we don’t already have a ton of stuff going on in our lives, but I suppose there never really is a good time is there? With all that said, I did not go to the gym last night. I did not eat a ton either because I was on the road and nervous and anxious and not really sure if I was making the right decision. But I’m back on track today, full force. Not that I was off yesterday honestly. I didn’t eat fast food to compensate, so that’s good.

Today it’s good healthy times, its gym after work and personal training and then Iron Power class. Then I am going home to play with a puppy. Not too bad all things considered.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh! So cute! I want a dog so badly, but I'm not ready to give up my carefree lifestyle. Right now I can dognap my parents dog whenever I feel like I need some dog love.

Pugg are so cute. Haven't seen a bugg before, but yours looks adorable. Love it so much! And Bella is the perfect name for her.

JessiferSeabs said...

Oh my god that is the cutest puppy I've ever seen - reminds me of when I brought tiny Gracie (RIP) home in her little pink argyle sweater. I am on the lookout for people who have just adopted puppies so that I can introduce James, can't think of much cuter than watching him with a tiny pup. Enjoy!

Pg_Ro said...

She is adorable! I am jealous but I am not quite ready to make the commitment that a puppy deserves.