Thursday, August 14, 2014

Appointment Time



Apparently my body has found a pretty consistent pace for losing weight, this morning I was down another 1.7 pounds. Week 1 was 1.7, Week 2 was 1.6 and Week 3 is 1.7 for a total of 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I am very happy with this. Sometimes you don’t realize that a 1.6 or a 1.7 are as important as they really are. In the end, 5 pounds in 3 weeks’ time is beyond what I was expecting, so I am more than happy. But mostly I am happy  because I just feel much better. I know it’s only 5 pounds but I swear I feel it. I notice the reality that I am 5 pounds lighter. I think that sounds crazy but it’s actually true. 5 pounds CAN make a difference.  Just for the record that means I weighed in at 154.5 this morning. Slowly, slowly inching my way back into the 140’s… which is where I truly do prefer to live my life, but weighing 154.5 pounds, with a muscular frame isn’t all that bad. I will live with it!

Last night I got to the gym and warmed up before personal training with a 1.5 mile run. Nothing fancy, just a way to get the blood pumping and the heart rate up. I wasn’t crazy pushing myself or going for extremes, just nice and easy. Personal training was chest and triceps. It was a bunch of new interesting things and when I say interesting I usually mean terrible hard. HA. I guess that is why you pay someone else to torture you because I sure shit would not ever do that crazy crap on my own.  After  training I went to Iron Power class and honestly by the end of the night I was completely spent.  700 calories burned and I was just tired and ready to go home.

Today at 2 PM I have my appointment for an IUD, although part of me is not 100% sure if they are going to actually give me the IUD today. Meaning, I haven’t been in for a regular exam in a while so it’s quite possible they will just want me to do a regular old exam first and then reschedule for the IUD. Either way, I am going today and prepared for whatever outcome happens.  I certainly just want them to put the IUD in, because I am going and I want to get it done and over with. I am not sure how I will feel afterwards. The very first time I was very crampy and hurt. 5 years ago it wasn’t that bad. I really hope that 1. I get my IUD and 2. I feel okay.  If I feel all right I’d really like to head to the gym tonight afterwards. But I also am going to listen to my body and if it is in pain then I won’t go. Of course there is the reality that I might not even get the IUD at all and therefore it’s a moot point. We are just going to have to play it by ear. I guess that is literally in like 3 hours. WOW, time does go. I’m a little scared and nervous honestly. I am not sure anyone likes this kind of stuff, but it’s the reality of life. Scratch that, it’s the reality of being a woman.

My bosses are gone tomorrow so that means it should be a nice and easy day for me, so at least I have that to look forward to. I have a half marathon on Saturday morning and I’m both excited and scared about that as well. Funny how I can still manage to get scared from time to time. I should mention that my knee is totally scraped up from a new exercise I had to do last night in personal training. It hurts, like in a scratch kind of way. Yucky.

I guess we are just going to have to wait and see how the rest of my day goes. I am sure I will be more nervous as 2 PM approaches. NOT fun.

No comments: