Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Heat



And another weekend is officially in the books. Somehow they just go by so much quicker than one would really ever want. Not shocking. Friday night Chris and I ended up going out to Mexican food for dinner. I tried to eat healthier. I am not sure I was 100% successful at that, but I wasn’t terrible either. It’s that life balance that we all try to achieve. At least when I was trying, I only ate a little worse than I probably should whereas if I were not trying I would have ordered the fried caked in cheese burrito with one or who am I kidding 2 large margaritas. I did not do that. Still ate too may tortilla chips with bean dip and of course too much fried cheese stuff, but overall it so could have been worse.

After dinner my sister texted me and wanted me to go over to my mom’s house because all my sisters were going to be there and they wanted to meet Bella in person. We went home, got Bella and hung out for a few hours. It was good.  Saturday morning I woke up and ended up spending a few hours cleaning off my back patio. It hasn’t been done all summer. I’ve been a bad slacker honestly, but now with Bella we have to spend a little more time outside so we really needed to clean it up and clean off the cushions so that I actually want to sit out there. It honestly took me a few hours, but it was good, just listening to music and cleaning things up, playing with my dogs.

I intentionally get dressed to run in the mornings because for some reason I think just having my workout clothes on makes me more likely to really work out.  I had a 7k run on Saturday night with my mom and sister but I also knew that meant I would not really be running and wanted to do at least a little run. I was not feeling motivated at all. By the time the afternoon hit I really had to force myself, but I did. I got on the treadmill and made myself run a 5k. 3.1 miles, and I felt good and relaxed and those endorphins kicked in and I felt much better about the day overall. So about 3 PM I went over to my mom’s so that we could get ready to go to our event.

I drove the hour to the location and it was HOT. The run was at 6 PM and honestly I’m glad I wasn’t running because it was way to hot. But it was a nice event and I was happy with the results and with my mom and sister. Had a cosmo which was amazing and another memory in the books. Good times.




Yesterday I woke up and decided that if I didn’t go to the gym I would regret it and feel off so I just put on workout clothes and texted my friend Amanda to see if she was working out. I won’t back out on her. That’s a solid life strategy. If you think you might waiver on your own, call in reinforcements. We made plans to meet at the gym at Noon. Works just fine for me. So I got to hang out at the house a little bit and then headed out to meet her for some back and bicep work. It was good, hard, intense and exactly what I needed. I felt great afterwards.

I went to Petsmart and spent way to much money on a whole slew of new toys for my babies. Then I went home and played with them for a while. Eventually I went over to my mom’s house for a few hours and then came home, had an awesome chicken burger/avocado sandwich for dinner and called it quits for the day.

Today I am back at the work thing. Fun times, but my sister is in town for one more day with my niece and nephew (they have been with their father camping this last week, which is my sister’s first time being away from them for a long period of time), this is the reality of getting a divorce!  Anyhow, they are here today and my sister went and picked up Bella from my house so she could have a play date with my niece and nephew. So much fun! If only I were actually there to see it, but she sent me these adorable photos of my kids with my Bella. SOOO adorable.




Tonight I am back at it at the gym for 2 classes and then I am going to stop by my mom’s house to see my kids before they leave early tomorrow morning. I should also note that my husband is 1000% in love with  Bella. He is such a dog guy. And I adore this photo of the two of them.



So with that, I need to crank out a few more things at work and get back at it.  Have a good Monday!

No comments: