Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October

Well hello October. We are now officially ¾ of the way thru 2014. That is CRAZY, CRAZY. I mean, 2014 has just flown by. What an awesome year and as it gets closer to its end I’m a little sad I have to be honest. BUT with that said there is no reason to assume that 2015 won’t continue being an awesome kick-ass kind of year.

It is also Wednesday and a payday and most importantly 2 days away from my mini-vacation. Hello San Jose.  The weather forecast for San Jose looks amazing and I am excited about nice warm sunny weather. Although admitingly it’s still pretty gorgeous here today in Oregon so I can’t complain too much.  I just have to get thru today, this payday and then tomorrow am a magical day. Tomorrow is hair extension day. Can you tell I’m very excited about this? And then that means that Friday is get on a plane day. All things to look forward to.

Tonight I have personal training and then an hour of iron power weights. Tonight is my last big push in terms of exercise before San Jose. I do intend to hit the gym tomorrow night as well, but with my new beautiful hair extensions and general been doing this for 6 days in a row Thursday’s are usually fairly weak for me in terms of energy levels.

Last night I ran. Yup, I try and make Tuesday night my longer cardio night and I did not fail at that endeavor last night. I got on the treadmill and set it at a 6.2 pace. I just started running. I have to say that the very first 5 minutes of a run are BRUTAL. I guess that’s why you are supposed to warm up instead of going cold turkey on the thing. Because I was seriously doubting my ability to run period. But after a couple minutes your heart rate adjusts and everything is fine. So much so that at about 25 minutes I bumped up the speed to 6.3. Yup, not much of an increase, but enough to secure that I would run 6.25 miles in less than 60 minutes.  That was my goal.

It’s been a while since I could maintain a 9:40 minute mile pace for that duration of time. I was really happy that I managed. And honestly it wasn’t that awful. There comes a certain point where your body just accepts the run and manages.  I was pretty much at that point. The calorie burn was good, and I felt great. Of course after I was done with my hour I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. I headed down to the weights not really wanting to do anything honestly.  A friend came over to me and we started talking for a few minutes when Amanda came up to us. She was like, who wants to go do hills on the treadmill with me?  At this point, because I simply did not want to do anything else, I said sure. Why not? As long as I was not sprinting I’d be fine.  We ended up walking for 30 minutes at a 12 incline on the treadmill at 3 miles per hour. I have to admit at points my heart rate got up there. 

When it was all said and done, my high cardio night resulted in 90 minutes, 1100 and some calories burned. It was a very good workout.  I already warned Amanda that no legs would be happening tonight because I wanted full mobility when I was going on vacation. So tonight will definitely be upper body of some sort. I don’t mind a heavy cardio night thrown into the mix on occasion.  As Monday night was mostly strength and tonight will be pretty much heavy strength training as well. Got to build those muscles.

Overall I’m doing good and feeling good and those are the most important things. Yes, tomorrow I weigh in. I’m nervous because of some of the less than stellar food choices I made. But also, it will be okay no matter what.  I think my body can use some food from time to time so perhaps it will all workout exactly the way it’s supposed to. I should mention that Saturday night I made a dozen cupcakes and proceeded to eat 9 of the 12 of them. I probably would have eaten the other 3 but Chris ate them so I guess that’s okay. They were delicious rainbow chip cupcakes and I REALLY wanted them. Yes, all 9 of them! This was just one of a few stupid decisions but I am not blaming myself to much. Clearly I wanted it and I will live with it. I still think I will be able to pull thru and hopefully fingers crossed hit my 145 goal. We will see tomorrow AM though.  I just have this gut feeling that I did manage to hit 145 despite my horrible eating.

Either way, it doesn’t matter because tomorrow I refuse to be anything but happy happy.  Did we mention that I am 4 days away from my 2 year weight loss anniversary? At this time 2 years ago, I was one depressed messed up girl.  And certainly I could not run for the life of me, yet alone 13.1 miles, yet alone run like 23 of them in a single year. 2 years ago I was pretty upset about being 220 something pounds and having to buy size 18/20 clothes.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that, just that for me it symbolized my failure to care about myself and my giving up.

Two years living this lifestyle and the most convinced I am ever that I am not ever going back. I can have a hiccup in the road as life happens and turn it around.  I’d call my 10 in 10 challenge a huge success. That was my idea to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks before I went to San Jose. I’ve already accomplished that. I’ve got this. I really do.


Now it’s time to be off and go collect the paychecks and do my work thing. Have a fabulous one my friends!

No comments: