Friday, October 10, 2014

What to do with myself

It is Friday afternoon and I am officially ready for the workday to be over. I do not have really any plans for the weekend. Nope, not a single concrete plan. This scares the shit out of me in a lot of ways. It has literally been months since I had an entire weekend without a plan, or more specifically a run. I am not sure I will know what to do with myself.

I killed it pretty good at the gym last night so my legs actually feel a twinge of sore today. I honestly can’t imagine running today which is a probably a good reason to not worry so much about running. I ran for half an hour last night and then did about 45 minutes or so of weights. My legs felt it. I have kind of mentally decided at some point either tomorrow or Sunday I need to do a nice long run. I don’t have to run 13 miles, but at least like 8 miles. I need to force myself I guess. I also could really use a good ass kicking upper body workout. Since I pretty much have my entire weekend free I should be able to make this happen. I should be able to write down some sort of plan and just spend some time at the gym. I haven’t gone to the gym on a weekend in months and months.

Mostly this is all precautionary so that I somehow don’t end up binging on bad food choices. I need a solid weekend to keep me on track. I’ve had a pretty successful 3 days and I would really like to continue that trend.  Tonight Bella has a doctor’s appointment for a vaccination and then we (Chris and I) are going over to my mom’s house for dinner. Her boyfriend is over and wanted to get together. Her boyfriend is a healthy kind of guy and I think he appreciates the fact that Chris and I try and keep it healthy. This is contrary to most everyone else in my family. With all that said, we are making dinner and therefore it should be healthy which makes me happy. I honestly don’t know what we are having at this point but I’m not worried or stressing over it.

I kind of hate that I don’t have a run this weekend. I am a full-fledged addict.  But I just couldn’t find one that met my criteria. Oh well, it’s only one weekend. Next weekend I have a half, and then the following weekend it’s a 5k followed by what looks like a really fun half. So I shall survive.  Do you know what is excessively crazy to me though, I only have 4 half marathons left for the year. Just 4. The 2 Halloween ones I just mentioned and then Vegas Rock and Roll and then 1 Christmas one.  I can’t believe it’s just 4. I have like 3 more months left in the year.  I might need to try and shift my focus for a little while and that does scare me. It might be time to pay a little more attention to some serious strength training, getting stronger. Of course I do not want to let up on the running either because not only am I really liking where I am at right now, but I swear the running and extra cardio is what is helping me lose this little bit of weight.

Sometimes I sound so ridiculously petty. Seriously. I know there are far greater problems in the world than my petty little stupid shit. And honestly as one of my blog friends said the other day on her blog it’s easy to make these blog posts sound so crazy happy and good all the time. When in reality life hands us a lot of lemons at times and we just choose not to blog about it. I don’t really want to give the illusion that my life is perfect in any way. Am I happy? Absolutely, of course. But in all fairness I think I am mostly a very happy person, it’s just sometimes you lose your way here or there. When I spiral out of control and gain weight is me losing my way and the misery sets in.

Not everything in my life is always perfect. No one is perfect and no life is perfect. I swear at points sometimes I feel like I am just moving from one crisis to the next. Or in other terms, dealing with what life throws at you next. I have found that this is why it is critical for me to have fun adventures planned to help get me thru the challenges life throws at you. I am okay as long as I know I have something fun to look forward to. Right now I have Vegas in 6 weeks and of course Puerto Vallarta in February. That is more than enough to get me thru.  And I am pretty much dead set on Maui next September to run. There is simply nothing else I can think of that would be more rewarding than running that particular Maui race because it is exactly the area of Maui where I stay and adore.  I am pretty sure that will forever be one of the highlights of my life. Therefore I am beyond convinced it has to happen.


Anyway, I guess my point is that often times I just come on here to write about the highlight reel of my life and there is so much more that goes on.  Always, always is. But I just try and remain happy and positive because in the end that makes life far more enjoyable. So today I am going to smile because it’s Friday. I am going to smile because I am strong and healthy and active and in love and loved. I am going to smile because I have decided I freaking love my hair! I will smile because while I may not have a race this weekend, I have an entire weekend at my disposal to do as I wish and let’s be honest, that is a rare thing!  Have a fabulous weekend everyone. 

No comments: