Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Its almost 10/5

 It’s almost the end of the day and almost time for me to get to the gym, but I have been thinking the past couple days about a looming date. October 5 to be exact. Do you know what October 5 is? This will in fact be my 3 year anniversary date of starting my healthy lifestyle. October 5 is the first day I began my transformation 3 years ago. 3 freaking years! Boy how time flies when you are having fun and learning to love yourself and growing beyond your wildest expectations. 3 years. And I do in fact have something special planned for this weekend to celebrate. It’s a secret until this weekend. But I promise it will be a good one.
3 years. I just reread my post on my 1 year anniversary and it was profound and amazing. A letter to myself from the future. Boy it was awesome and I loved the idea so much I do think I might go ahead and formulate another letter for my 3 year anniversary. I just keep getting better and better with time and more and more humbled honestly by what I am capable of.  That girl, 3 years ago, had ZERO idea what she was in for.  And how wonderful her life could be. And how much everything she ever wanted was within her all along.  It was always there. Incredible. 

Do you know what it’s like to truly love yourself enough to go for your epic dreams? I didn’t. It has taken a long time to figure it all out. But I am floored by the fact that I’m approaching 3 years.  In the 11 years since losing the weight for the very first time I have only once celebrated a 1 year weight loss anniversary. The very first time.  No other weight loss stuck a full year. And now we are at 3 years.  Its  beyond evident to me I am a completely changed woman and I won’t ever, like EVER be returning to that former life. I don’t even know how to anymore. I may get moments of blah or feeling lost but overall this is who I am.  This is was who I was always supposed to be.


3 entire years. I feel like that totally calls for an off the charts kind of celebration. Except I won’t. It’s a Monday so what can I really do? But hint Sunday I might be doing something cool.  Anyhow just wanted to pop by and acknowledge the epic-ness that is coming. I need to write a letter soon. Last year to celebrate 2 years I ran the Rock N Roll San Jose half marathon and got my PR at the time.  I remember being incredibly emotional for lots of reasons. And here we are another year down. Whatever I’m doing in my life is clearly working for me. 3 years.  It’s hard to believe how completely different your life can become in 3 years. Like night and day, 1000% different. And better. Never stop believing that you can achieve anything you desire. You have the power within you. Always.

1 comment:

Pg_Ro said...

That's awesome! 3 years is an amazing accomplishment! And what you have achieved in those 3 years is so much more than the number on the scale. I also can't believe it's been 11 years since you started your weight loss journey. I think I started reading your blog after you had lost weight, so I'm assuming that was close to 10 years ago! Yikes, that makes me feel old!