Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm not Dead

Well hello online world. It’s been a while hasn’t it. What can I say other than I needed a bit of a mental break. We all get like that from time to time. Nothing major, i.e., nothing too bad happening in my world, just got busy. Wait, just got hit with a snowstorm which left me a prisoner in my own home for 5 days. You’d think with all that time I’d have plenty of time to blog, but alas, being lazy is incredibly draining. I just ate like horrid crap and didn’t exercise. Of course that left me in a total mind fuck for a few days after and suddenly an entire week passed without me blogging.

But true to myself and my nature I went ahead and got back into the swing of things and back to the gym. I haven’t been bad. I keep plugging along on all of my endeavors in life so that is good. I ate like shit, I didn’t exercise, I moved on. This seems to be the repetitive cycle of my life but with exceptions. The exception being look who is fully back to the gym pushing forward as if this is truly my lifestyle now. Yup, that’s me. I truly think it helps that I have such a close personal relationship with my trainer; I couldn’t give up even if I wanted to. It would not be allowed and that is kind of comforting too. It’s nice having someone who obsessively has your back.

Regardless Saturday morning I got up and went to the gym and did 2 hours of awesome workout. Then later in the day me and my trainer went to a movie. Chick flick alert. We saw Endless Love. Total chick flick but the only thing that fit in with the timing etc. So yeah, we hung out. Then Sunday morning we got up and hit the gym once again for a ridiculously brutal chest workout. My entire upper body was fried out to the max. Did I mention after working my upper body to dead state we then did 20 minutes of battle ropes. Swinging those big ropes up and down is BRUTAL as well. I was exhausted. Like don’t want to move exhausted after the workout. Yesterday I was sore. Like my entire body, even lower body was feeling it. Last night I did 1.5 hours of classes that brutalized me yet again and today my entire body is in a slow ache. So there you have it. Still being tortured along as per normal. Nothing else that new to report.

Wait, that is not entirely true. Something not great at all has happened with one of my sisters and because it is not me that it is happening to I am not at all at liberty to discuss what is going on, but it’s sad and it makes me cry and I hate it. It has made me want to shut down, probably thus some of the social media isolation as of late. But at least it’s not me??? Is that even fair, it’s not fair because it’s my sister and it might as well be me. It makes me so sad. Thus is life I suppose. I will discuss it when I am at liberty to discuss it but until then I will do my best to hobble onward.

Sunday I will be running another half marathon. Yup, this weekend and then the following weekend are half marathons. Two in 2 weeks. Crazy girl, and then there won’t be another one until April 6 which is San Francisco. Boy time really goes by awfully quickly doesn’t it? Still loving my 14 in 14 challenge. Still excited. I am sure I will be more excited after this Sunday when I do another one and feel that high. Fortunately the weather forecast looks pretty decent for Sunday which makes me happy. Yeah to that!

Clearly I am not feeling my normal chatty self but at least I made it here to even attempt an update so that you all know I am not dead or at the very least fallen off the wagon, as I have not. I am sure one of these days my desire to ramble on excessively about stupid shit will come back.

In the meantime, aside from the yucky sadness for my sister, I am feeling pretty happy. I take happy any day of the week. Life is often messed up and just being happy is the real blessing. How easy we are to forget the good stuff we have and take for granted the days where nothing goes amiss. We are never kind enough or grateful enough for the love and family that we share. It’s so easy to get caught up in ourselves. I am far too guilty of this myself. The grass is definitely not greener on the other magical side. The grass is always as green as you make it no matter what the fuck side you are standing on. It’s just a side. So you sure better figure out how to make the grass green on the very side you are standing, right now. This is directly in relation to what is happening in my sister’s life. Poor thing. Ugh. Just Ugh.

Hug the ones you love and treasure the good because we are not promised a happy tomorrow, EVER.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Glad you're alive and kickin'! Sometimes you just have to dip out for a while. Have a great next half marathon! I'm up to 10 miles in my training for my run this weekend. EEEEEK!