Friday, December 21, 2012

Week 12: Day Two; Christmas Anticipation

Well I survived another week of Christmas activities and another weigh-in yesterday. I love how I saw weigh-in as if it’s all official. It’s not. I get up in the morning, go to the bathroom and then stand on my scale. That’s as official as it gets for me. But it seems to be working. I was down another 4 pounds this week. That means I am at officially 31.7 pounds for 11 weeks. Not too shabby at all. I am starting to notice and feel it. I feel better and that is an improvement. I still shutter to tell you what that number actually puts me at. A number I am still embarrassed by. Funny how you could lose 31.7 pounds and still be embarrassed by your weight or realize that you still have more to go. But honestly, I don’t hate myself now. Not that I ever hated myself, but I don’t dislike the way I look and that is an improvement. 31.7 pounds ago I hated looking in the mirror and I hated the way I looked in everything.

I managed to frost cookies last Saturday and only eat one cookie and perhaps a little more of the frosting that I probably should have but it still all worked out okay. I think it all works out okay due to my running. I love to run and make it a point to push myself as much as I can. Yesterday was myself imposed night off from running. When I run Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I need a rest. That was last night. But I have to have a calculated plan for this week because this week 12 is going to be HARD. Like the hardest week in a while. I have so much celebrating and Christmas activity to do. I have to get thru work today and then its four fun filled days of family fun. Fun filled days of family fun involve bad food and wine.

This is what I am thinking in terms of exercise. I am writing it down to commit myself to a plan. I will run tonight and treat today as any other normal day. Christmas is Tuesday so no exercise is going to occur that day I am way to busy. Wednesday is back to normal so I will most likely go to work and then run after work. That takes care of two workouts for the week. My goal is simply to get 4 workouts in. I generally strive for 5 workouts a week but this week will be THRILLED if I can get 4. That means between Saturday and Monday I need two workouts. My family really doesn’t come into town until noon on Saturday so I could potentially get up Saturday morning and do an hour run. I HATE morning exercise. I always run when I get home from work at about 5:30 or so. This is what my body is used to. Morning exercise and me don’t mix. I am not a morning person at all. But it might be what I have to do. This means that between Sunday and Monday I have to do one more workout. Monday is Christmas Eve and we have huge family festivities but not until the afternoon so again it’s possible for me to get up in the morning and run for an hour. I am basically just trying to talk it thru and commit myself to a plan of action. I think I will feel much better if I can manage that. I am not expecting anything big in terms of weight loss this week. To be honest if I could just maintain and not gain I am going to be happy for this week.

The food will be plentiful the exercise will be hard to come by and I bought wine to indulge in. Its Christmas, my favorite time of year hands down and I think it’s perfectly okay to not be perfect. Christmas day after we open presents we go to Chris’s dads and will go out to an early dinner at Shari’s probably so my healthy options are limited and I don’t want to be that girl anyway. So it is what it is. Maintain this week would be wonderful. I mean I quietly went into the weight loss night, didn’t jump in with some scary admission or run full force into the I’m going to be get thin bandwagon. I feel like I haven’t given it the crazy obsessive attention I have in the past and therefore I am beyond thrilled that in 3 months I weigh 31.7 pounds less. What if I hadn’t started exercising or eating better… where would I be right now? Very unhappy I’m sure. The truth is life was going to go on no matter what I did, these three months would have passed regardless so now they’ve passed with me being 31.7 pounds less. That is an accomplishment.

February 13, 2013 I got to Las Vegas to see my Pink concert. We are leaving on Feb 13, will celebrate Valentine’s Day there, my concert is Friday the 15th and then we come home on Sat. the 16th. I think in the back of my mind I just always wanted to be healthier for that. I was afraid of going to Vegas being the size I was a few months ago. I barely had clothes that fit, I felt frumpy and old. I already feel better and I have a month and a half still until Vegas to take off at least another 10 pounds or so. I won’t be at goal but at least I will be happy. That is good enough.
I am very excited for my family to get here on Saturday and really enjoy the holidays… It just makes me smile… I can’t wait!!!!! With that everyone enjoy the holiday season and allow yourself the ability to fully enjoy it!

No comments: