Thursday, December 13, 2012

Week 11: Day 1

Today is Day 1 of week 11. I have successfully completed 10 entire weeks of eating healthy and exercising. I feel really good today, but then again it was a weigh in morning so typically when I see a loss I feel pretty good and its hard to not feel really good all day long basking in that glow. In 10 weeks I have lost a total of 27.7 pounds. That is not too shabby. It’s not Biggest Loser crazy (can you tell I have been watching a lot of biggest loser lately) but nothing is Biggest Loser crazy outside of the Biggest Loser. I think Jillian Michaels said it best, Biggest Loser is the Olympics of weight loss. It is not possible anywhere else nor would I want to. I mean who really wants to work out 6-8 hours a day? I do NOT. I’ll take my 27.7 pounds in 10 weeks and be happy. Crazy happy actually. That is a great number.

Today I was rewarded with a great number. The last two weeks the scale was only losing a little bit then today I got a 4.5 pound loss. Body catching up. I actually don’t hate my body right now, must better with 27.7 pounds off of it, that’s for sure. I’m rocking a cute outfit today which makes me happy. I ventured into the black leggings and knee high boots realm today and I must say as much as I admire the look online I was very weary that I couldn’t pull it off. However, I think I’m doing okay. I feel happy and confident and that is what most of weight loss efforts are really about. Doesn’t matter what the scale says you are ultimately going for feeling happy and confident. I am still a long way from where I’d like to be on the scale, a long way from where I once was, but its not cool to compare what once was to now. What once was is clearly no longer and I am clearly a different person now so what I am now is what matters.

What I will say is that although I am not the same person now inside of me ALWAYS has lives a fighter. Someone who will not quit no matter the circumstances. Someone who will achieve anything that I actually decide to do. That is where I am at right now. I will achieve this. I am not even worried or thinking that I won’t. 10 weeks, 27.7 pounds. I am not stopping now. I completely seriously am proud of the fact that I have done this all without compromising myself. Without once peeking on the scale. I weigh in once a week period. I don’t obsessively write my food down. I eat breakfast and lunch and dinner and run. Wash, rinse, repeat. Of course it is more like 4-5 days of running a week. I have a hard time with weekends like most of the world and tend to overindulge and take off from running. But after 4 days of working out in a row my body screams for a break. I HAVE to take a day off. In order to run well again I need a day of rest. It seems to be working for me.

It feels really good to do things right for once. I am not perfect but I am happy. I wasn’t happy 10 weeks ago, and felt powerless and spinning out of control. Today I am happy and really excited for Christmas. Christmas is my favorite time of the year hands down and I am so excited to celebrate and share in the fun with my family. I just love being around my family so much and the wonderful happiness that is Christmas just warms my heart. I sincerely can’t wait.

Glad today is Thursday and another weekend is coming up. I have a pedicure appointment with my mama and sister on Saturday morning. Love them, should be fun. Ususally I get a French tip but I am thinking since its winter and my toes are not often exposed except at home I might go red for the holiday season. Just a thought…. After that we are going to my aunts house where I shall meet up with cousins and aunts to frost cookies. Now I am just praying that I don’t down lots of cookies and frosting which are always my weakness, but I plan to wear a nice cute outfit to keep me in check and hopefully remind me of how far I’ve come. Either way it should be fun. I just love this stinkin time of the year. So merry… Complete love… Happiness in my heart and that’s about it.

No comments: