Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's a man thing

142.2

Yup, this morning I was greeted to a very nice number on the scale. Not that I whole heartedly believe it, or rather not that I whole heartedly trust it as a real number. The thing is, I am sure it’s probably accurate. I’ve had a few solid days of good healthy eating and exercise. The number’s probably legit. I just don’t think that it will stick around since I haven’t entered my I don’t care days for this week. Those will definitely be coming this weekend, especially Saturday night as its Halloween party time, which I am sure means alcohol, probably excessive amounts and thus less than stellar food choices, but eh, I don’t really care.

I think the point for me is to be able to keep the numbers lower when I have no reason to pig out and allow or compensate for the living of my life and the scale will go up. Sure, I predict by next Sunday/Monday the scale will be close back to my 148 number, but honestly it’s all good. And honestly I can’t say that I’m not a little excited to see that number this AM. Honestly, that is the lowest I’ve seen it in a while so that’s encouraging. When I get down to my lows previously they were at 144 or so, so yeah, progress is VERY slowly being made. I also don’t think these numbers stand a chance against Vegas in a week because I’m already planning out, literally what cupcakes I am going to be purchasing from www.thecupcakery.com which is located in the Monte Carlo. Delish and I’m actually stupidly excited about cupcakes which obviously goes to show you I am a true food addict at heart.

Anyhow, last night was once again another lovely productive exercise run… around 80 minutes, give or take an extra couple, with a total output of 9.4 miles and around 1100 calories burned. I found myself totally bored last night, which is what ultimately led to the extra little run. Chris worked late and I was by myself and things just were boring. Ugh. Good thing mostly I find my life more interesting than last night showed. Chris has today and tomorrow off so that means exercise is going to be hard to come by. Not because Chris wouldn’t allow me or encourage me, he is actually amazingly supportive of whatever I want to do, and helpful when I ask him to encourage, etc., but mainly because when I come home from work I normally just run, but I normally come home to an empty house and when Chris is home its hard for me to mentally want to exercise. Bottom line is, I like spending time with him and can totally see how if my lifestyle was different exercise would be hard to come by. I appreciate my hour of solitude when I come home from work to clear my mind and just run. It’s my hour and it’s lovely and wonderful.

This means that I have hit 14 of my targeted 15 runs for the month. Which ultimately means in the next 4 days I only have to do one more run to meet my quota for the month. Nice. Actually good because these will be four challenging days actually. I have the aforementioned Chris being home today and tomorrow, Saturday will probably not happen as I have some errands to run around town with Mom and then Sunday is Halloween. I will have to squeeze in a run in there at some point on one of these days. I have one more to go to meet my monthly goal and honestly in four days I should pull one run out of my ass for sure.

It’s Thursday today which means this week is super doper flying by. I like that. I really like that. I’m all for anything that gets us thru workweeks faster and on to the main events of life, which are weekends.

I have to say I think men are very funny when it comes to platonic relationships with women and sensitive subjects such as weight. I say this because over the last month or so some of the guys I work with have commented on my weight loss. They always say things like, “you’ve lost a lot of weight.” Etc… all fine, but earlier this week I had a guy I’m fairly good friends with stop by the office and was like, “Wow, you’ve lost lots of weight. Good job.” And then he preceded to high five me. Yes, my weight loss has warranted a high-five. Such a man thing. Cute. But I can honestly say I’ve never gotten a high-five for my efforts before. It’s funny because when I started here I was at goal, so in the course of working here I’ve been at goal weight, gained 50 plus pounds and then been close to goal again. They’ve seen the gamut of my size range. I guess it’s a compliment that they’ve noticed, but my negative girl brain goes, great how fat did I look? But of course honestly for the most part I’m not in that negative state of mind and I’ve worked very hard on no negative self-talk so it’s a fleeting thought. Mostly I’m like, thanks for the compliment. I’ll take my high-five and smile.

I do have to say I realized yesterday that I have an amazing sweet tooth. If there is a candy or dessert in sight I will probably eat it. (See my desire for cupcakes above as a prime example). Last night I overindulged on the mini York peppermint patties I had put in the freezer. Yes, I bought a bag of Halloween York candies. They are 50 calories each, 1 fat I think. Anyway, solidly 1 point. The thinking was oh yeah, you can eat one for a dessert. I bought this bag on Sunday. I finished it off last night. That didn’t last long and it’s easy to see why when 1 became 2 which became 3 and I ended up consuming 6 of them last night. Oops. Good news is they are out of the house now. Candy just is a trigger I guess. At least it was little York’s and not full size peanut butter cups. It can always be worse.

I think I’m supposed to find a Halloween costume for Saturday night. Not sure about that. I guess I have a couple days to decide if I will be partaking in this (even though the invite does say costume required!) and secondly to what level I shall go and what direction this will all take. I could stop by Goodwill and do a little recon. Not sure. Oh, we will see. I should probably take this opportunity to do something fun as I never actually get to dress up. Could be fun. Naughty nurse anyone?

No comments: